Quote Originally Posted by roly View Post
Hello, I have put about 20 mp4 videos on a separate web page and they work fine, needless to say this slows things down when opening a video. Can I do anything to improve the speed of opening up the video.

Thanks in advance for your support

Roly

Roly,

There are a number of alternatives depending on your design approach. Two examples here use a server-side video library (which in this case is a simple directory/folder of the videos).

https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/EmbedVideo/

There is a JS Video Player (developed with Acorn a while back) and a Page Video Player, both of which do that same thing, only in a different way. In both cases, the videos sit in a folder on your hosted server and not in the design file.

With 20+ videos, I would use the JS Video Player Video-JS-Player.xar - the code is in the Page HTML code (body) - it has four simple custom-built functions: locate, display, play and pause.

In my example, the links are presented in a list format, but they could equally be thumbnail links of the videos themselves.

The value of the plugin design is you have a mobile-ready variant.

Here is the plug-in embedded into a main design document: Video Player_Holder.xar

One trick is to make the page/pasteboard background the same colour as your main site; just looks much more visually integrated; another is to make the main site video plugin placeholder a shorter height than the video plugin where you do not want a long list down the page.

Hopefully, some ideas to play around with here and come back if you want any more information.

Gary