Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to "stick" multiple lines to a single point (Photo & Graphic Designer)

Is there a way to attach the end-points of several lines (with different styles) to a single point, such that if the point is moved, the line end-points move with it? For example, I would like to have a point with lines radiating out, some red, some blue, some dashed, some solid, etc. I then want to make multiple copies as I add more elements to the drawing. I've found that when I draw the lines individually, the end-points don't all seem to stay in the same place, so I have to regularly re-adjust them all to be together. Is there a way to avoid having to do this? Thank you!

Default Re: How to "stick" multiple lines to a single point (Photo & Graphic Designer)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN271 View Post
    Is there a way to attach the end-points of several lines (with different styles) to a single point, such that if the point is moved, the line end-points move with it? For example, I would like to have a point with lines radiating out, some red, some blue, some dashed, some solid, etc. I then want to make multiple copies as I add more elements to the drawing. I've found that when I draw the lines individually, the end-points don't all seem to stay in the same place, so I have to regularly re-adjust them all to be together. Is there a way to avoid having to do this? Thank you!
    Mike, is this a case of you changing the Line Width (LW) of an existing line and then noticing the end has shifted?

To best understand what is happening, you need to examine your line in Outlines mode and you then see the end-points are not moving, the changing LW affects the seeming ends. It is the same behaviour of adding LW to boxes; the box L & W increase by LW (half out and half in).

There is no Stick Point for a line end to latch onto.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat