Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb Keyboard Short Keys and More

I have updated http://acorn.xara.hosting to list Hotkeys and descriptions in a comprehensive table that can be searched, filtered and sorted.
    The columns can be moved as well.

It is mostly written for XDPXv16.3, with a few updates for XPro+v21.6.
    Some things do not exist in other versions or products, things like your serial number details and EXIF do not exist in XPro+.

If you understand a key press where I have nothing then Post here and I'll update the table.
    The raw MS Excel data is there for download.

If you don't want to view the links, use http://acorn.xara.hosting/index-a.htm.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Keyboard Short Keys and More

Looks good to me Acorn as far as I can tell
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Huge thumbs up for this.

So I am not sure if you have this one, but I think this works with many Microsoft applications and with Designer Pro+ as well. If you want to add an accented character, for example an n with a tilde (~) such as Piñon or a French accented character Hôtel, é è etc. find a keyboard character that has that accent, then with the Text Tool selected but no character highlighted, press Ctrl (or if it is in the uppercase such as the tilde, Shift Ctrl) and the accent character. Then key in the letter and the accented character will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Huge thumbs up for this.

So I am not sure if you have this one, but I think this works with many Microsoft applications and with Designer Pro+ as well. If you want to add an accented character, for example an n with a tilde (~) such as Piñon or a French accented character Hôtel, é è etc. find a keyboard character that has that accent, then with the Text Tool selected but no character highlighted, press Ctrl (or if it is in the uppercase such as the tilde, Shift Ctrl) and the accent character. Then key in the letter and the accented character will appear.
    Thank you Gary.

You usage of Shift+Ctrl+~+o for õ works in Xara text but not in my browser. It fails for Cedillas (¸) as there is no keyboard equivalent. You get this separately with Alt + 0184.
    If I want ţ, I use the superb MS Windows App (Character Map UWP) [the app and not charmap.exe].

In the search, type in "Combining" to identify one of these Modifiers (Grave, Acute, Circumflex, Tilde, Diaeresis, Ring Above, Stroke, Cedilla, Macron, Breve, Ogonek, Dot Above, Caron, Middle Dot, Double Acute, Ring Above, Hook, Top Bar, Diaeresis & Caron, Diaeresis & Grave, Diaeresis & Macron, Dot above and Macron, Ogonek & Macron, Ring Above & Acute, Double Grave, Tilde & Macron, Unaspirated, ...); type in the found Modifier; pick the required Modified Letter.

Yes, you need an app but you are going to be a whizz at party quiʑʑes on diacritics.

The point of my table was a listing of all things Xara, those that Xara control and manage.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I have updated http://acorn.xara.hosting to list Hotkeys and descriptions in a comprehensive table that can be searched, filtered and sorted.
    The columns can be moved as well.

It is mostly written for XDPXv16.3, with a few updates for XPro+v21.6.
    Some things do not exist in other versions or products, things like your serial number details and EXIF do not exist in XPro+.

If you understand a key press where I have nothing then Post here and I'll update the table.
    The raw MS Excel data is there for download.

If you don't want to view the links, use http://acorn.xara.hosting/index-a.htm.

Acorn
    Excellent Acorn. Are all the keys accompanied with the command key?
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/accents/ The highlighted font does not publish to the internet and so is a bitmap or SVGG

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Excellent Acorn. Are all the keys accompanied with the command key?
    Bill, necessarily not every one can be as there are so, so many. In Character Map UWP, those that are show the phrase "Keystroke: Alt + ...".

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/accents/ The highlighted font does not publish to the internet and so is a bitmap or SVGG
    Thank you Gary.

I think what you are implying is, you can set up a small table of accented characters to be in a Template and you can copy and paste from these into your design.
    You always would have to check a change of font still renders them.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 31 December 2021 at 06:58 PM.

No I was just trying the technique on a variety of fonts. And publishing them the all showed the proper accents. I don't really use many accented characters. It just is something I discovered when I was working in Word and was curious to see if the technique would work in Designer Pro+