Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro + question

Hi all
    Been using Xara for many years and am currently on V16. Thinking about upgrading to either Pro 18 via Magix, or Designer Pro+ direct from Xara. Both offering good deals at present.
    I dont do any online collaboration really, although cloud might be useful when I am away and working on a project. What has got me though is a statement on the Xara page about what happens if I dont keep on paying:

As long as you have saved your documents to the cloud storage or on your local machine you can always access them with the Free plan of Xara Cloud. However, you will no longer be able to edit your documents in Designer Pro+.

Is that right? I just dont want to be locked into another situation like I have with my Adobe subscription, where if I dont keep up payment, Lightroom will not work anymore. If thats the case then I am better off just going with versio 18 from Magix.
    Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Default Re: Designer Pro + question

I went with vesion 18.5 having decided not to continue with my pro+ annual sub, meaning that program no longer worked

As I recall cloud free allows you to view docs and print and very little else but I did not use it much; certainly it does not edit in the designer pro / web designer sense, eg it does not have any layer capability
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

James, it's a subscription model. You lose Pro+. You have options. Resubscribe, buy a Magix upgrade, revert to your current Magix version. If you upgrade yearly, there is no cost difference so I always recommend trying Pro+ for a year. I have never looked back.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

.. I tried pro+ for a year on Acorn's advice

whether you stick with it may well depend on the sort of work you do; over 90 % of my work i can still do in version 15.1, though somethings a little slower, and i don't [have to] use the OCC which helps
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Okay thanks for this info. I think I'll go with the Xara + plan, see how it goes.
    Cheers
    James

Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    Okay thanks for this info. I think I'll go with the Xara + plan, see how it goes.
    Cheers
    James
    James, here's a bonus - do it before Friday with this Voucher: BLACKFRIDAY2021

It will get you 60% off.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat