Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What am I missing re Publish profiles.

I've noticed recently that if I attach a xar file to TG that my publish settings are exported with the xar file. Of course this is not a good thing. At least it's not also retaining the password!

So to stop these profiles being included within the xar I delete the profile. However instead of just deleteing the profiles within the xar I wish to post it deletes all the profiles across any xar file I reopen.

Any ideas?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: What am I missing re Publish profiles.

Save the file with a different name.

Delete your FTP settings.

That work?

Thanks Gary but no it doesn't. It just wipes all my profiles across all xar files which is a real pia.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

OK. What if you create a temp filler profile and apply that and then change back to your preferred profile?

That doesn't work eithe Gary. All the profiles are stored in the profile drop down list.
    Egg

OK Final thought. Acorn or someone must know where the profiles are stores, probably in App Data somewhere.

Copy the profiles to a holding folder, save your site with no profiles, then put the profiles back where they belong.

Probably a good idea to have a copy of the profiles which are often lost in an update.

Yes that sounds sensible Gary. I'll look into that cheers.
    Egg

There's a checkbox "Save publish settings in document" if you uncheck that and save you should have a copy of the document without any ftp settings. I think profiles would be stored seperate to the document but when you open the document yourself you will still see your profiles but no one else who opens it should be able to.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Yes that sounds sensible Gary. I'll look into that cheers.
    Egg, when I have opened any of your design files, all I ever see is my saved Profiles list.
    I think you are safe.
    Some other files I have came with the Password included - a Gary was involved so there will now be a flurry of checking!

@xtom is right, ensure your Save Publish settings in document is unticked.

I would raise a Xara Q regardless.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat