Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can't start my Magix software

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm in Australia, it's after 10am Monday 15th Nov '21 and I haven't been able to use Designer, Soundforge or VideoEdit today. I also can't log into my Magix account. Has it been hacked or are Magix "off the air" so to speak?

Default Re: Can't start my Magix software

Magix is working for me.

It seems that only versions of Magix s/w with expired update service are affected. For example, I can run Xara Designer Pro 18 but not my older versions, Soundforge Audiostudio 15 but not 12. Most importantly though, I can't access my Magix account, so I've reported that to them after a long search to find out how you can report a problem when you can't get into your account (btw it's infoservice@magix.net). I'll update when it's sorted

We will wait to hear your outcome.

After some email ping-pong over several days Magix Support claimed that in 2019 I had requested they should change my account's email address. I have no records confirming that and apparently they think a two years delay is a good result. I suspect the truth is buried in a pile of old servers or was deleted in a recent database update.

Magix support are polite, but slow, brief and blunt, so I was left to devise my own hasty recovery in an environment I perceive to be hostile. I seem to have prevailed for now, but when my current up-to-date software runs out of support I expect that it will be suddenly cut off without notice.

IMHO there is no excuse for non-user friendly support. Especially when the error might lie on the client side.

Just an update... It is confronting to open a program (XDP18 with current support) that was working just fine up to the day before only to be told you must to register it before you can use it. What is going on at Magix? I wonder what will happen to the other email address I was using? Maybe they'll find it sitting empty in a couple of years and force me to change everything back