Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Can't start my Magix software

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm in Australia, it's after 10am Monday 15th Nov '21 and I haven't been able to use Designer, Soundforge or VideoEdit today. I also can't log into my Magix account. Has it been hacked or are Magix "off the air" so to speak?

Default Re: Can't start my Magix software

Magix is working for me.

It seems that only versions of Magix s/w with expired update service are affected. For example, I can run Xara Designer Pro 18 but not my older versions, Soundforge Audiostudio 15 but not 12. Most importantly though, I can't access my Magix account, so I've reported that to them after a long search to find out how you can report a problem when you can't get into your account (btw it's infoservice@magix.net). I'll update when it's sorted

We will wait to hear your outcome.

After some email ping-pong over several days Magix Support claimed that in 2019 I had requested they should change my account's email address. I have no records confirming that and apparently they think a two years delay is a good result. I suspect the truth is buried in a pile of old servers or was deleted in a recent database update.

Magix support are polite, but slow, brief and blunt, so I was left to devise my own hasty recovery in an environment I perceive to be hostile. I seem to have prevailed for now, but when my current up-to-date software runs out of support I expect that it will be suddenly cut off without notice.

IMHO there is no excuse for non-user friendly support. Especially when the error might lie on the client side.