Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New Xara Cloud Black Friday templates

We've just released a selection of new templates for Xara Cloud, to help your Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals stand out across all channels: Web banners, signature banners, email headers and Facebook and Instagram templates.

You can browse all the Xara Cloud templates, including these new ones @ https://www.xara.com/templates/new/. But then again you could simply sign in to Xara Cloud and dive straight in: Sign in / sign up at https://cloud.xara.com/

Kate @ Xara

Default Re: New Xara Cloud Black Friday templates

Nice. But why no "Open in Designer Pro+" option? I can export as PDF, save to computer and then manually load it in, but a one click integration to open a .xar directly in program would be very convenient.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    Nice. But why no "Open in Designer Pro+" option? I can export as PDF, save to computer and then manually load it in, but a one click integration to open a .xar directly in program would be very convenient.
    xtom, previously asked for. No, was the firm Xara answer. Deeper, it appears the templates are two separate workstreams and, gosh, transferring across was a bit of extra, unplanned effort.

You can save directly as a XAR to your Cloud and open in XPro+, without PDFing.

You also may not have notices the lack of access to the Realtor template, unless you have picked the right category.

It is partitioning consent for poorly considered reasons. My customers are wide-ranged.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 09 November 2021 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Typo and highlighting what Kate Moir repeated.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It's a bit of a shame they can't be linked better. If cloud can't create .xar files then maybe an "Open (pdf) in Designer Pro+" option would be handy. It could be a disabled by default option but allow it to be enabled by users that download Pro, maybe in the section where they download Pro. I would prefer to just quickly open and edit the templates in Pro as it's what I'm more comfortable/quicker working in. Anyway, just a suggestion.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    It's a bit of a shame they can't be linked better. If cloud can't create .xar files then maybe an "Open (pdf) in Designer Pro+" option would be handy. It could be a disabled by default option but allow it to be enabled by users that download Pro, maybe in the section where they download Pro. I would prefer to just quickly open and edit the templates in Pro as it's what I'm more comfortable/quicker working in. Anyway, just a suggestion.
    Hi xtom - if you open the templates in Xara Cloud and then Save them to your cloud drive, that actually saves the .xar file, and you can then open it in Xara Designer Pro+. You don't need to go via PDF. We have been looking at more direct access to the templates for Designer Pro+ as part of a much bigger plan for template access, but I can't give you an eta on that yet.

Kate @ Xara

Ah ok, thanks Kate for the heads up and good to know. I don't have a cloud drive added at the moment as I'm not really collaborating, just working solo with Pro so I was just using the download options. Some sort of open direct to PRO+ feature would be nice though and quicker than the few extra steps of saving to a drive, navigating to file and opening.

I see you mentioned that too Acorn and I didn't quite catch it first time round, thanks also.