Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cubic Maze

Default Cubic Maze

Usually if we are lucky, by the end of the day, one of our images on our Facebook page will have 100 likes. This cubic maze already has 100 likes and it's just 9 AM here.

Larger Facebook version here.

I think the reason for the popularity is the hidden image is a simple cube that anyone who can see stereograms can see. But up close it is also a three dimensional maze that connects on all three sides.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cubic Maze.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	254.9 KB 
ID:	130983  

Default Re: Cubic Maze

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Usually if we are lucky, by the end of the day, one of our images on our Facebook page will have 100 likes. This cubic maze already has 100 likes and it's just 9 AM here.
    Larger Facebook version here.
    I think the reason for the popularity is the hidden image is a simple cube that anyone who can see stereograms can see. But up close it is also a three dimensional maze that connects on all three sides.
    If I had Facebook, I would take to long to Like it as I am still lost in its rich detail.
    Still struggling to get to the centre!

Really nice one.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

it is more than just a stereogram that gary, it is artistic in it's own right, and a good follow on from the reworked meta logo, which was getting there
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Love it Gary, and loved the cube tutorial back in the day. I remember showing everyone saying "is this just so cool" then told them it was a tutorial from you.

That is a little devious in how you have can go from side to side in the maze with the different openings.

It took me a little while to see the different openings as I moved my point of concentration I had to wait for it to come back in focus.

This real superb.

Ray

The cube popped out immediately but to be able to see the maze took me some five, six viewings, all of them for an extended time. I first saw something of an 'opening' at the top corner edges but nothing more. A few views later I started to see the contours of a labyrinth but still not all of it.

I just looked again and I can now see nearly all of the maze on the top side but not on the other sides. I guess I still need some time to be able to discern all of it. Amazing how the brain the works....

Looking forward to larger stereo image sizes here now we can post @ 1200px wide Gary
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

There's a link in my post Egg to the actual image on Facebook which is 2000 x 1600px.

Boy - If you can access Facebook then follow my link in my post. At full screen it is a lot easier to see.

Yes I know that Gary but Acorn has just announced that TG now accepts 1200px sized images (up from the previous 800px wide images) so it's good news for your renderings without requiring TG members less reason to view in FB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	555.6 KB 
ID:	130994  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    If you can access Facebook then follow my link in my post. At full screen it is a lot easier to see.
    You're right, the larger image makes it easier, but I notice that my brain still needs time to learn to 'read' the stereogram.