Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 15 years of design in the Xara program + pdf

Hi, my name is Andrei Lucer, I'm from Russia. Since 2006, I have been working in the Xara program, you can see with a short portfolio. 99% of all works are drawn in Xara (more than 700 projects were made in this program). Unfortunately, the portfolio size is almost 50 MB, so I left a link to it (please administrators do not block the subject). I want you to know that the Xara program is a convenient and practical program.

[link removed by moderator]
    Last edited by gwpriester; 08 November 2021 at 11:47 AM. Reason: removed suspicious download link

Default Re: 15 years of design in the Xara program + pdf

Here's a more practical suggestion, Andrei.

Xara Designer Pro X 18 can create some amazing websites. And you tell us you are a proficient designer.

Design a web-portfolio and then post the link to the website here.

I am removing your link. New members are not permitted links.

So, we'll wait to see your Xara portfolio.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I managed to take a quick look at the PDF. These are nice drawings. Too bad I had so little time.

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;

Exclamation Re: 15 years of design in the Xara program + pdf

We understand it can be frustrating.

We have a new TG joiner with a 50MB PDF Link.
    Just to ask "Don't delete me!" is sadly not an option.
    PDFs can be used as a powerful spamming medium:
    • JavaScript – JavaScripts are used in the website coding to control browser appearance and functionality. In past, it has been used to exploit multiple vulnerabilities in Adobe as well as many other PDF readers.
    • System Commands – Launch action in PDF can open Command window and execute commands to initiate malware. Most of the commands have now been disabled by Adobe but they might be open in other readers or earlier versions.
    • Hidden Objects – PDFs can have embedded and encrypted objects which prevents being analyzed by antivirus scanner. These objects are executed when file is opened by the user.
    • Multimedia Control – When we say PDF can have embedded objects, it could be a QuickTime media or flash file. Attacker can exploit vulnerability in media players.
    [https://www.malwarefox.com/can-pdf-have-virus/]
    What would you have us do?

Have the link been to a Xara-designed site with some further links to images or design files, it would probably have been allowed, as Gary P has suggested.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 08 November 2021 at 01:22 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

you got a rogue ] on the end of your link acorn
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you got a rogue ] on the end of your link acorn
    Thanks, sorted!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by lucerandrey View Post
    Hi, my name is Andrei Lucer, I'm from Russia. Since 2006, I have been working in the Xara program, you can see with a short portfolio. 99% of all works are drawn in Xara (more than 700 projects were made in this program). Unfortunately, the portfolio size is almost 50 MB, so I left a link to it (please administrators do not block the subject). I want you to know that the Xara program is a convenient and practical program.

[link removed by moderator]
    I created a post not to boast, but to free share the capabilities of the program and my graphic experience. Making a site to show the possibilities of the Xar program is not logical. Especially since I have more than 1,500 projects, sorting will take too long. Thank you for not deleting the links right away. P.S. There are no spam or links in the pdf.

I really liked the japanese [?] style cutout picture of the warrior stood in water, moon through the trees behind - my kind of art
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by lucerandrey View Post
    I created a post not to boast, but to free share the capabilities of the program and my graphic experience. Making a site to show the possibilities of the Xar program is not logical. Especially since I have more than 1,500 projects, sorting will take too long. Thank you for not deleting the links right away. P.S. There are no spam or links in the pdf.
    Fully appreciate your frustration but our rules are there for a reason.

Do publish a number of your projects directly into https://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdi...ra-Art-Gallery instead.
    If you are not willing to showcase your work, we can but suspect.
    After a short time, we can reconsider your PDF being reshared.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Fully appreciate your frustration but our rules are there for a reason.

Do publish a number of your projects directly into https://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdi...ra-Art-Gallery instead.
    If you are not willing to showcase your work, we can but suspect.
    After a short time, we can reconsider your PDF being reshared.

Acorn
    Thank you. In my free time from work, I will definitely post a couple of recent works.