Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 15 years of design in the Xara program + pdf

Andrei - Nobody is asking you to post every image you ever made. When I worked in advertising, if I included every ad I ever created in my portfolio I would never get in the door.

How about you pick a dozen of what you think are your best designs and either make a website, or post images here.

I don't really think anyone wants to go through 1500 projects, or even 150.

Show us some of your very best work.

I hope you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I really liked the japanese [?] style cutout picture of the warrior stood in water, moon through the trees behind - my kind of art
    Thanks. Japan is my passion.

This is exactly what I did. Collected part of the work in the portfolio. But we have already discussed this point.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Andrei - Nobody is asking you to post every image you ever made. When I worked in advertising, if I included every ad I ever created in my portfolio I would never get in the door.

How about you pick a dozen of what you think are your best designs and either make a website, or post images here.

I don't really think anyone wants to go through 1500 projects, or even 150.

Show us some of your very best work.

I hope you understand.
    Illustrations for Animated Explaining Videos prepared in Xara
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Animation_3.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	167.5 KB 
ID:	130989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Animation_2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	130990  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Animation_1.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	130991  

Lucer, I still had you PDF link so I took a chance and downloaded it.

I then created a Xara design file from the PDF by Importing into XPro+ (XDPX versions should also work).
    I deleted my blank index page and renamed your first page index.
    I then set up the design to be a Scrolling one with Page Previews and a PDF download link.

I had a bit of a wrestle into getting it into Xara Cloud+ but when it was saved there, I could gain a website preview link.

You portfolio is now visible in https://shared.xara.com/esC98z4iuC.

It took all of 10 minutes to develop in XPro+.
    Getting Xara Cloud+ took 40 minutes to get sorted and 30 seconds to publish.

In passing, you do have an external link on Page 100 - Lucer Andrey - Design Portfolio (xara.com) - it is a 404.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Lucer, I still had you PDF link so I took a chance and downloaded it.

I then created a Xara design file from the PDF by Importing into XPro+ (XDPX versions should also work).
    I deleted my blank index page and renamed your first page index.
    I then set up the design to be a Scrolling one with Page Previews and a PDF download link.

I had a bit of a wrestle into getting it into Xara Cloud+ but when it was saved there, I could gain a website preview link.

You portfolio is now visible in https://shared.xara.com/esC98z4iuC.

It took all of 10 minutes to develop in XPro+.
    Getting Xara Cloud+ took 40 minutes to get sorted and 30 seconds to publish.

In passing, you do have an external link on Page 100 - Lucer Andrey - Design Portfolio (xara.com) - it is a 404.

Acorn
    Incredibly cool! Really! Unfortunately, I do not use Xara Clouds so I do not know all its capabilities. Thank you. In the future, I will definitely try.

P.S. I have never been a professional graphic designer, by profession I am a musician. Design is just a hobby for me. I don't have much knowledge of design and web.

Quote Originally Posted by lucerandrey View Post
    Design is just a hobby for me. I don't have much knowledge of design and web.
    Seriously??? All the work you've shown appears incredibly professional.

Thank you for displaying it all, Acorn. I doubt I would have downloaded a PDF, and that would have been my loss.

Great stuff for a hobbyist, there are professionals with lesser skills.

Quote Originally Posted by lucerandrey View Post
    Incredibly cool! Really! Unfortunately, I do not use Xara Clouds so I do not know all its capabilities. Thank you.
    Lucer, you are welcome.

It doesn't need Xara Cloud. I just did it that way to avoid creating a separate website.

I know of no other product that will import a PDF and upload as a scrolling website as quick as a XDA, keeping links and fidelity, all in under 5 minutes.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat