Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Pop Up Layer on Mobile varaiant not working at all - help :)!

wwdileie , both @Initiostar's & @Chris M's designs work.
    Initiostar has almost followed my playbook to the letter.

Without changing anything in Initostar's design, doe sit run on your phone?
    If not, suspect the phone's browser of its settings.

Don't rush off and create something else until you have built up your one design, step-by-step.
    If it still does not work, assume your editing is wrong; i always does this when I work as I know I'm wrong.
    If you are totally convinced you are good then blame your XDA.
    To try to fix that pick Run as administrator the once; it can clear the weirdest manifestations.

Finally, when all else fails, upload your design afresh.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Late to the party. Here's my mobile menu solution.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gwp's menu.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	130992  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gary on your example menu the menu bars are still showing. I believe you meant it to work like the attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg - That is how I designed it.

Egg - That is how I designed it.
    Yes, but it's not the way it works on your original uploaded xar Gary.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you to everyone who has helped me with this. I took some time away to get a clear mind as the silly things that were happening were just annoying me greatly. But after some tinkering with each layer in each page individually, it finally does work. I originally wanted two pop-up layers from different main menu buttons (which works perfectly well in the pc variant), but the mobile variant was having none of it. So I opted to go simple for the mobile variant and it now works. Not sure if this is just as issue with some bugs in xara, or some strange environment settings on mobiles that don't like this. But at least now I have a working version!

Thanks again for everyone for their support

Quote Originally Posted by wwdileie View Post
    So I opted to go simple for the mobile variant and it now works. Not sure if this is just as issue with some bugs in xara, or some strange environment settings on mobiles that don't like this.
    It will not be Xara Bugs as we have managed to do this by correcting your design.

Surely it is fairer to blame oneself then the environment and only then Xara as a last resort?
    We still didn't determine your mobile or the browser used. Mobile browsers have there own quirks but Xara code is not overly cutting edge so they will mostly run without any modification.
    When I report a Xara Bug, I do so with evidence.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat