Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Pop Up Layer on Mobile varaiant not working at all - help :)!

Hi Everyone

Recently got a new site working with a variant for PC and mobile phones. I'm using a menu link at the top that links to a pop up layer as the drop down menu when clicked or touched (on a touch screen). It works perfectly on my PC, but when I see the mobile variant on my phone, it does nothing. So as a test, I tried just creating the menu itself (from the pop up layer) as a separate page so that on the mobile version, the menu link links to the menu page and not a popup layer, and it works. So it seems to me that somehow there is an issue with a pop up layer on a phone that isn't working. Has anyone come across this before and offer any ideas as to how to solve it?

Thank you so much in advance for any help

D

Default Re: Pop Up Layer on Mobile varaiant not working at all - help :)!

Would you copy/paste the original menu into a new project and upload it here?

If I'm interpreting your description correctly, then I see no reason why it isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Would you copy/paste the original menu into a new project and upload it here?

If I'm interpreting your description correctly, then I see no reason why it isn't working.
    Thanks so much, please find that attached. Like I said, it works on PC but not on mobile? For some strange reason, if I change the link type (on the menu button - I use a transparent rectangle as the linking layer, placed over the menu text panel) from pop up to web page, then it works, but just can't get the pop up to work!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I fared worse than you, I couldn't get it to work no matter what screen res I used.

I'm not sure why you have the menu button on a separate layer, it should be on the MouseOff layer, so I moved it. Still nothing.
    I messed around with all sorts of weird things before deciding to start from scratch.

Create layer named menu and create your content (I simply copy/pasted the content from your Pop Up Menu layer)
    Select MouseOff and create a button
    Link the button to menu Utilities > Web Properties > Link (tab) > Pop-Up Layer (drop down menu)

Everything works as intended. Why your original didn't play ball, I can't answer, but I'd take a stab in the dark and guess it's a page attribute/setting rather than object/link thing.

>>> Menu Project Edit.web.xar <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I fared worse than you, I couldn't get it to work no matter what screen res I used.

I'm not sure why you have the menu button on a separate layer, it should be on the MouseOff layer, so I moved it. Still nothing.
    I messed around with all sorts of weird things before deciding to start from scratch.

Create layer named menu and create your content (I simply copy/pasted the content from your Pop Up Menu layer)
    Select MouseOff and create a button
    Link the button to menu Utilities > Web Properties > Link (tab) > Pop-Up Layer (drop down menu)

Everything works as intended. Why your original didn't play ball, I can't answer, but I'd take a stab in the dark and guess it's a page attribute/setting rather than object/link thing.

>>> Menu Project Edit.web.xar <<<
    Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to work this bug out!!!! Very much appreciated. Is late here so will open your file and try in the morning, but I'm sure it'll work perfectly in my site. Again, thank you so much as this was really bugging me something crazy (pun intended)

Yes, I too had a go last night and could not make heads nor tails of what was going on. As Chris mentioned, there was no reason why it should not work. It just didn't. I threw up my hands, admitted defeat, and went to bed.

Glad Chris got it sorted.