Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Rudolph's Revenge

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    from previous posts I think TC prefers to draw the line art in xara and do the colouring in PSE4

when line art is 'broken line' ie, it has a lot of deliberate gaps colouring in xara can likely mean a lot of extra work as it is unforgiving in this respect - also if you draw freehand with a brush making lots of strokes each of which has its own character in terms of pressure profile etc, you cannot just combine them in xara without them being homogenised [so to speak]

a magic wand with adjustable tolerance to cater for gaps and a pixel bucket [flood] fill is quicker and easier; and if done at a suitable resolution is in fine for print [and for that matter animation, although I use PT-SAI rather than PS]
    Handrawn is correct - I use Xara for line art and use PSE4 for fill colors. It seems to work out okay. I recently did a painting using Xara for some basic outlines but PSE4 for the actual brush strokes. The painting is kinda big, so I'll post a link to it from my Pixels.com artist website: https://pixels.com/featured/eternal-...l-meadows.html

Thanks again, everybody!

I can see why you used PS for that !
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I like it, toon. Rudolph up to date.