Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile menu not working for iPhone

I have re-designed a client's home page for his business website. It has one mobile variant - sized for cell phones. The menu (hamburger) drops down, shows the menu items, and even changes colors when an item is tapped on, but for iPhones it does not take the site visitor to the page tapped. The menu works fine on android devices. Everything also works fine on a desktop as well. Any suggestions on why or how to make it work for iPhones? TIA

Default Re: Mobile menu not working for iPhone

Is it possible for you to post a link so we can test it?

Sometimes with my iPhone when I update a mobile variant the changes do not appear until I clear the cache.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Is it possible for you to post a link so we can test it?

Sometimes with my iPhone when I update a mobile variant the changes do not appear until I clear the cache.
    Thanks so much for the quick response. Here is the web address: http://jbwi.com.au. We did try the menu on an iPhone that had never been to the website, as well as on an iPhone thats cache had been cleared - same bad result.

Thanks so much for taking a look at it. I really appreciate it!

Hi sorengen, the home page menu doesn't work on my iPhone. However the menus on the remaining pages work correctly.
    Your home page has a menu top right but the remaining pages have one centred below your header. So you appear to be working with two menus which may be the cause.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I tried the menu. If I press and hold down on a menu item, as opposed to tap on the selection, it seems to work. So something else might be at play here.

Maybe one of the other members will have a better idea what's going on.

That said, on the home page menu, the text is very small on the menus. It might be a good idea to make it a bit larger.

@Egg - Thanks for taking a look at it. Yeah, the website is being updated page by page. The menu works fine on other devices... just not the iPhone.

@gwpriester - Thank you for taking a look at it. Good to know that at least when you press a button down that it's working. Good advice on enlarging the menu font, I will suggest to my client that we make that change.

What I like to do for fairly simple sites without sub-menus is created my own.

I create a new layer called Menu, and place my buttons on the Menu layer. The hamburger icon links to the menu layer.

It's more work but it also gives me more control over how the buttons look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	130957  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    What I like to do for fairly simple sites without sub-menus is created my own.

I create a new layer called Menu, and place my buttons on the Menu layer. The hamburger icon links to the menu layer.

It's more work but it also gives me more control over how the buttons look.
    Sorry for interrupting @sorengen. Gary, would you mind greatly if you posted your Xara file for that drop down. I love it. .. Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.