Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Red face Something Else I've Missed

I have always been frustrated when I stretch a Curved-corner Box that I distort the corners.
    I have just discovered it is my own fault for shunning the Smart transform option as with it set, the corners keep their aspect ratio.

Now knowing this my personal workflow does not require ST to be on at all, I just need to hold down the Alt key and stretch to my heart's content.

@Xara, why you block off the second Curvature box defeats me as once you "distort" a box, you cannot recover the corners in any easy fashion.

Doh!
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Something Else I've Missed

Where is the Smart transform option? Is this the new handles vs the old? I just checked on mine using the new handles and if you drag rectangle either horizontally or vertically it keeps the radius but if you scale it scales the radius, kinda inconsistent but also makes sense too I suppose.

Just noticed a new smart duplication button which I haven't tried yet. I find with the minor updates through the year the new features tend to sneak in without much fanfare and past my attention whereas with an annual release each new feature seemed a bigger deal and garnered more attention.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    Where is the Smart transform option?
    With the Selector Tool selected, right-click the Lock Aspect Ratio button (padlock) on top and select 'Smart transform'.

Ah thanks, I remember that "hidden" setting now, mine was set to on. There are so many different behaviors toggling those options and stretching and scaling it's enough to make my head spin. But yeah for me I think it works better when enabled. Alt key works well too with it off.

Agree it's not great that you can't even out the corners after distorting them, bit strange the second curvature field is there but restricted.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    Ah thanks, I remember that "hidden" setting now, mine was set to on. There are so many different behaviors toggling those options and stretching and scaling it's enough to make my head spin. But yeah for me I think it works better when enabled. Alt key works well too with it off.
    Agree it's not great that you can't even out the corners after distorting them, bit strange the second curvature field is there but restricted.
    xtom, totally agree.
    All I can do to recover the curvature is the create a same sized box and copy attributes across and then remember to reapply any link.

Not good.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat