Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default SmartShapes on Local Drive

How do I download the SmartShapes to my hard drive for future access from there? Thanks.

Default Re: SmartShapes on Local Drive

I think you can do this from the Local Designs Gallery, Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    How do I download the SmartShapes to my hard drive for future access from there? Thanks.
    DF, if you have XDPXv15 then your time has passed unless you have renewed in the Update Service and are still using the same Serial No and v15.

If you used any at all before expiry then they will be sitting in %localappdata%\Xara\XtremePro\15\Cache\designs\eng \components.

If you still have access the the Online Content catalogue, then in your XDA, open your Local Designs Gallery and right-click on the heading of any or all Blue Folders and pick Select all.
    This will download content for you into %localappdata%\Xara\XtremePro\18\Cache\designs\eng \, if you have version 18 active.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you, both. I have Designer Pro X (18)/Magix and Designer Pro +/Xara. I am not sure I need both. I now understand how to d/l the Design Gallery items and where they are placed on my system. Knowing that I can copy them outside of any directories removed during an uninstall. This all started during the weekend when I downloaded the trial Corel Technical Suite to check out Corel Designer (aka Micrographix.) After playing with Corel Designer, I tried the same projects in Pro + and found it more than competent for my future technical projects. I am leaning to Pro +.

Again, thanks to both of you for making these programs understandable.

-Dan

Dan, thank you.

I mentioned v15 as this is your listed XDA in your TG profile.
    Keep the Magix XDPXv18 installed, even after expiry as it gives you a fall-back if you choose to stop the Pro+ subscription.

Corel has some painful prices out there!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat