Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default MouseOver Object overlaps fixed Object

Hello,
    I tried various options to solve my issue, but was not successful.

The set-up:
    I have a nav bar which is a fixed object. Further down on the side I have several objects (e.g.pictures) with an mouse-over animation (mouse over appears Text and backgroundcolor over the picture)
    Issue: When the mouse-over object is activated (= cursor is on the mouse-over object so that this level appears) then the mouse-over object is always on-top of the fixed nav-bar.
    Target: Like the mouse-off picture, also the mouse-over object should "walk" beneath the fixed nav-bar when scrolling down.

Not so easy to explain I guess, this is why I did attach a picture, hoping it helps to understand.
    Szenario1 = Mouse-Off
    Szenarion2 = Mouse-Over

Regards,
    HK

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara-FAQ-ich.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	130936

Default Re: MouseOver Object overlaps fixed Object

Quote Originally Posted by ich View Post
    Hello,
    I tried various options to solve my issue, but was not successful.

The set-up:
    I have a nav bar which is a fixed object. Further down on the side I have several objects (e.g.pictures) with an mouse-over animation (mouse over appears Text and backgroundcolor over the picture)
    Issue: When the mouse-over object is activated (= cursor is on the mouse-over object so that this level appears) then the mouse-over object is always on-top of the fixed nav-bar.
    Target: Like the mouse-off picture, also the mouse-over object should "walk" beneath the fixed nav-bar when scrolling down.

Not so easy to explain I guess, this is why I did attach a picture, hoping it helps to understand.
    Szenario1 = Mouse-Off
    Szenarion2 = Mouse-Over

Regards,
    HK

Name:	Xara-FAQ-ich.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	130936
    HK,

Set you purple bar and any objects on it to be 'Sticky' and everything will 'walk' beneath it.

Name:	Sticky.PNG 
Views:	33 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	130937

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    HK,

Set you purple bar and any objects on it to be 'Sticky' and everything will 'walk' beneath it.

Gary
    Hi Gary,
    thanks for taking care.

The solution you propose works fine when one want to fix an object in place.
    But my target is to fix the object only (!) once it hits the screen top-edge, while scrolling.
    Typically for Nav-Bars.
    This is the reason why the "purple-bar" in my example above should be a "stick-at-top" object only.
    Ciao,
    HK
    Last edited by ich; 01 November 2021 at 02:15 PM.

Info Re: MouseOver Object overlaps fixed Object

HK, a Stick at Top object is not "fixed".
    Gary would have answered differently had he known this was what you were after.

One way is to set all the Stick at Top elements for have a special Name, htmlclass="topmost" and add this simple CSS to the Website Head Code block:

<style>
    .topmost {
    z-index: 100;
    }
    </style>

Things to watch out for:
    • Even with a Soft-group, each object will keep moving until it hits the topmost position.
    • Text sent to the bottom of a Text Area will still bubble up to the top; use a newline and at least a space to act as a buffer.
    • A Sticky object always trumps a Stick at Top one.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by ich View Post
    Hi Gary,
    thanks for taking care.

The solution you propose works fine when one want to fix an object in place.
    But my target is to fix the object only (!) once it hits the screen top-edge, while scrolling.
    Typically for Nav-Bars.
    This is the reason why the "purple-bar" in my example above should be a "stick-at-top" object only.
    Ciao,
    HK
    There are some different ways of doing this; one is to change the z-index specifically for ALL Stick-at-Top objects.

Add this line to the website HTML Code (head): <style>.xr_stt{z-index: 40 !important;} </style>

e.g.CSS -Stick-at-Top-NavBar.xar

"40" is an arbitrary positive number high enough to ensure it is always on top.

Not the only way of doing this, but it does work. Acorn will have a better way.

Gary
    Last edited by Initiostar; 01 November 2021 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Cross Post

Hi Acron, Gary,

sorry not having used the correct terminology which created confusion.
    Thank you for your solution proposals.
    I will definitely follow up and test the next days.

Regards,
    HK

Welcome to TalkGraphhics ich

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphhics ich
    THX