Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bourne Ala Carte or Forum Does Work

After much testing, tutorials, a hired contractor, and advice plus coding help from this forum, the most very complex Bourne site has been completed.

www.bournejournal.org

Publishing on Bluehost was easy, no errors occurred.

All variants working. All views look very nice.

I could not have done it without you. Hats off.

Lessons learned when I update my company site (linked to this current site work) from Serif to Xara.

With the site now up but testing very well with all subfolder connections and assets I see a few things that I saw in the forum that have to mentioned.

Yes, soft groups do appear to turn the text and image links into an image. There is some blurring here, and I'll have to adjust later. maybe (This is only apparent in the full width desktop version, not at 67% view desktop, and all other variants are crisp).

I was wondering about the Fit to Width browser setting and how it fills the screen up. Anyway to keep it at 67% view which seems to be optimal for Desktop?

The suggestions for some image swap were taken, as smaller variants they look crisp, but at that Fit to Width setting some lower resolution can be seen as was suggested.

Load times seem to work very well for either variant tested, mobile phone, tablet, desktop.

Note...

SSL was paid for, or received free with hosting with Bluehost, and the page descriptions should be updated soon per Bluehost from the old placer WP Welcome World page that appeared when I first played with the Bluehost account.

If anyone notes anything, please let me know.

Arch Med1

Default Re: Bourne Ala Carte or Forum Does Work

Arch
    Yes, soft groups do appear to turn the text and image links into an image. There is some blurring here, and I'll have to adjust later. maybe (This is only apparent in the full width desktop version, not at 67% view desktop, and all other variants are crisp).
    Soft groups don't turn text into an image.

As your site has a white pasteboard the page appears to have no limit, which is most noticeable with images in the right hand column appearing to just hang on to the edge of the window. I believe they'd be better off right aligned or centered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	130935  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Bourne Ala Carte or Forum Does Work

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Arch

Soft groups don't turn text into an image.

As your site has a white pasteboard the page appears to have no limit, which is most noticeable with images in the right hand column appearing to just hang on to the edge of the window. I believe they'd be better off right aligned or centered.
    Thanks, Egg. I misread this post here...

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...llated-problem

Good info for next time.