Hate to mention another product, but Wordpress comes up in conversation a lot. The dirty secret is the initial monthly from WP does practically nothing. If you need a gallery, that’s more cost and another add-on, and it goes on and on. Many software products now offer blog integration. I’d agree that the Cloud app is not up to snuff yet and Affinity has not put out a web developer as yet.
But I do get excited when I can show a client that Xara is not that hard to learn.
The client discovers that Xara can draw, and also produce a newsletter without that much trouble.
Professionally, if a client farms out a website they don’t care what programs are used, because they farmed it out.
I think Xara walks the fine line of making the cloud version not too difficult to learn as Xara pro. It’s a very fine line, and must include templates in the cloud version that challenges WP templates.
Perhaps it’s time for a more aggressive approach, dropping the price of Pro+ and Cloud. People can learn the cloud version, then dabble in Xara pro at the same time. I believe @acorn or @egg mentioned a plan such as this a while ago.
I’d market it “Discover Xara” or “All in one” Xara.
Aggressively sell a product that you’re proud of.