Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: More Halloween stereogram fun and gore

I can never see them either. I need a spoiler.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Tom - Try this. Get as close to the screen as possible without leaving a nose print. Let your vision blur. Without changing that blurriness move away from the image. Do you focus on the image itself. See if you can see some depth. If so keep the focus and see if the image becomes clearer. It may need several tries but generally this method works.

I taught my wife that trick and she was surprised how well it worked.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Tom, it's been scientifically proven that exceptionally good looking people with extreme IQs and physiques to make the Greek Gods envious cannot see 3D Pictograms.

On a side note, I can't see them either.

Chris - (I never give up) If you hold your index finger about 6" from your nose, then look at something farther back, like your screen , do you now see two fingers?

If so, this is the principal of seeing stereograms. You are focusing slightly behind the image.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Chris - (I never give up) If you hold your index finger about 6" from your nose, then look at something farther back, like your screen , do you now see two fingers?

If so, this is the principal of seeing stereograms. You are focusing slightly behind the image.
    I do, indeed, see 2 fingers. I also see the famous 'sausage' when point my fingers at each other and slowly bring them together in front of mu eyes.

My problem isn't technique (I don't think), but one of concentration. I find my eyes are just about constantly focusing, slipping out of focus and refocusing on the image. It's all the images of this kind, not just yours.

Just to add mystique, printed ones I can see. My home printer is just a cheapo and doesn't work for me, but the professional prints that were prolific in the late 80's I can see without issue. There is a local antique (bric-a-brac/junk) store that has 2 of them on the wall which I can see with no problem.

Just to add mystique, printed ones I can see.
    My wife can see printed ones with a little effort but she cannot see them on the screen.