Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Add search on selected page only

I would like to suggest that search be on a specific page only.
    Current text flow will not do because I could have many text block on the page.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	130863

Default Re: Add search on selected page only

Behzad, could you elaborate on your thoughts/needs behind this request? I'm just curious.

So I am searching for the word professional, it starts to show the word from all the pages in my site. So lets say I have 50 pages, it shows them one at a time. However I want to search for the word on a specific page. This is what I want an option to be.

Highlight the text on the page you want to search then check [X] Current Text Flow

Gary on one page I have 100s of text blocks, this is not feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Gary on one page I have 100s of text blocks, this is not feasible.
    Ctrl+A then Search surely?

Try export webpage or website and use the browser Search.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, control plus A does not help at all. Try it.
    Your other suggestion also does not work because I want to change the reoccurring word on that page.

Info Re: Add search on selected page only

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Acorn, control plus A does not help at all. Try it.
    Your other suggestion also does not work because I want to change the reoccurring word on that page.
    On the first, thank you for checking.

On the second, you only mentioned "search" not 'and replace'.

Back to the first. If I can second-guess, you want to to perform Replace All on a word or phrase on the current page only.

You have two approaches:
    1. Set the Scope to All pages and repeatedly press the Replace button and stop when the page changes.
    2. Set the Scope to All pages and use Solo mode on the layer & page the search text is in and press the Replace All button.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn I do appreciate you wanting to help but for this special case, why are we always trying to find ways out of something that needs to be programmed by Xara. I am strongly suggesting this addition to search and replace option.
    Throughout the years we all try to reinvent the broken wheel that Xara needs to fix. It is frustrating to sit around and wait for the Xara fairy to do something.

behzad, because Xara designers and developers are not XDA users to the intensity we achieve in TalkGraphics.
    If they were, they would engage with us.

Secondly, I don't believe its delivery cycle is effective as I have never seen any signs of true Behaviour-driven Development across its lifecycle.
    Too often, features are introduced that break (website mainly) or usurp genuinely balanced workflows.
    The following Features are broken or implemented crassly: SmartShapes, the new UI, Image Filenaming, Squish/Squashy aspects, Group images, Selection handles in Moulds, Bitmap tracing, jQuery Library update, Justified text, rotated text.

I don't think Scope: All pages and Solo modes is a failure; it is just something that currently requires a deeper understanding by us and definitely a better descriptive process from Xara: Capability --> Features --> User stories --> Examples.

Acorn