Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Mobile Home Page not displaying in Opera, but Chrome and Firefox Yes?

Hi Arch,

Looking good. Just some observations re the Desktop site:

I'd suggest your home page needs to load fast. At present it's full of image links to Articles. This should be the focus of the Articles page, not the Home page IMHO. There are 187 html requests to your server.

Your About page text has been converted to an image, so not available to SEO. Probably accidentally grouped.

Just commentating on the Articles page:

Your images are of a poor quality especially when resized via scale to Fit to Width publish option.

There are a great number of images to load, nearly 100. Try creating one image from numerous images thus reducing the html requests to your server.

Use image names! Combining images makes this less of a task and easier to search for within a browser as well as avoiding Xara creating new image names on each publish update.

Create rectangles with 99% transparency above parts of the image to act as links. Better still if you make these links a named colour 'link' , then you can select them all within the Name gallery.

The long page titles are fairly useless as with several tabs open I only see 'What can you' on the Articles page title tab.

Don't use lines, use rectangles instead. Xara's lines are exported as images.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 21 October 2021 at 11:37 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host