Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Mobile Home Page not displaying in Opera, but Chrome and Firefox Yes?

OK, because of a previous post I did a 'mouse over-make visible-" click on the page and layer gallery and this came up. It is on the variant home landing page.

Could this be the issue?

One is a record document made by the previous builder (link to file log.xara Change. Remove.) for record keeping, the 2nd is a text Heading info. I doubt the log.xara has anything to do with the issue as the About Us page has the same item and the mobile page displays normally. However, these are not visible until the "mouse over" make visible is clicked.

Can the Heading info be the culprit, or not?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mouse show.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	130847

Name:	mouse over.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	130848

Name:	log.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	130849

Default Re: Mobile Home Page not displaying in Opera, but Chrome and Firefox Yes?

have you got your test site up and running on your xara hosting yet ? a link to that would make things a whole lot easier to determine
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    have you got your test site up and running on your xara hosting yet ? a link to that would make things a whole lot easier to determine
    I am going to put the root index set of pages only. The articles have all tested and look good on all variants in browser checks. They are pretty much identical in format.

I want to find the reason for this issue. I noted a few others in past posts have had a version of this same issue, one with assets on the pasteboard, and a few undetermined.

I will post when I get it up. I'll also reduce the index pages to the Home landing page and post the .xar here for review.

I thought you were having lots of xar files? are you going to post them all up?

I'm not a website builder - I used to dabble back in the days of notebook and cute HTML but never really took to it; I can do a given theme wordpress if the CSS is kept to the absolute minimum

but time and time again the web guys here ask for the xar file[s] and or a live site because you cannot fix properly what you have not been given to examine first hand

an I know from what i do that no matter how well you prepare, it isn't until the dress rehersal that the obvious becomes obvious....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I thought you were having lots of xar files? are you going to post them all up?

but time and time again the web guys here ask for the xar file[s] and or a live site because you cannot fix properly what you have not been given to examine first hand

an I know from what i do that no matter how well you prepare, it isn't until the dress rehearsal that the obvious becomes obvious....
    No, I'm just publishing the front root set of pages for the index (Home, About Us, Staff, Articles, Issue, World, Contact) since the home page is the one I am having the mobile variant/tablet variant issue with.

All the other pages have tested well and no issues were seen on any of them.

For the .xar, I was going to reduce the front root to just one page, the Home or landing page, since maybe someone can see something I am not. There is something there on that variant I can not see.

Maybe in the code script.

I even reduced the Mobile variant size to keep it small.

So, I am here at Xara Online signed up for my 1 year free hosting. I'm a little unexperienced in this here, so can someone tell me if I can, instead of creating a new subdomain name, just use this web address to test publish too?

I am not going to create a new Magix domain for this here, I have Bluehost waiting.

Not much quick help file info here for this thing.

Certainly GWPriester could answer this one.

Name:	m host smaller.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	130859
    Last edited by ArchMed1; 20 October 2021 at 01:33 AM. Reason: details

you can use the default subdomain they give you

https://www.xara-online.com/gb/domain-faq.60.html
    Nothing lasts forever...

Here is the Opera view again after another rebuild and export to local.

Home (landing page) displays properly, clicking in and out to the other pages and the mobile Home remains.

The 2nd image is the Edge recheck with browser sliding. The mobile Home (landing) displays properly.

Neither Opera or Edge displayed the mobile Home the last round. Now here it is.

Name:	opera snip.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	130866Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge resnip.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	130867
    Last edited by ArchMed1; 21 October 2021 at 12:50 AM. Reason: details

The root Home pages (Home, About, Staff, Articles, Issue, Contact) are now up on....

http://dzuwr5.xara.hosting

THERE IS NO ARTICLES SUBFOLDER ON THIS SITE AS OF YET. I AM TESTING THE TROUBLE HOME LANDING PAGE ONLY.

Please click around the Menu links if you like to test back and forth. Issue reporting is appreciated.

Thank you. On my laptop and Android mobile phone, the site looks good. Tablet on rotation RCA Viking 10.1 inch Tablet good. On landscape shows Main variant, on rotate to portrait shows Tablet version. Very good. All is working.

I will admit Acorn knew his stuff. I did redesign the Home page a bit, but all looks good.
    Last edited by ArchMed1; 21 October 2021 at 01:22 AM. Reason: details

NOTE:

Looking at the mobile version on the Android phone I discovered a text box that appeared to be protruding across the edge of the mobile Home (landing page) variant canvas.

It appears the issue was solved.