Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Update to the Ultimate Xara Slideshow

TomTom, you made it complicated with it being on a Pop-up Layer!

Here is a solution: JS - Restart Pop-up Presentation.xar

The green control has to do two things together, restart and open. Xara is not built for this so I had to code it as JavaScript into its Link.

The numbers 1 - 7 show how to start at any slide position, even when the Pop-up is closed; you need to press the blue control.
    The number call the presentation page but render it inside the Placeholder - look for 'acorn' in the Link dialog. This allows you to control an IFRAME externally.

I did not animate the presentation.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello Acorn,

First of all, thank you for your help and for the example! Your solution is of course much more elegant and flexible. Also for the viewer. Since he can select specific slides. In my case, only a presentation with "crossfade" transitions runs in predefined time, scrolling is not possible. I will therefore implement your example. "Programming" is unfortunately not my world :-)

At the opportunity something I wanted to write (ask) for a long time because it just struck me when testing your example again:

What is the reason for these over-wide marker areas (handles) that XARA generates very often when marking? This was also the case with your example: If you click only on the "1", the whole number row is marked. The same happens with the other numbers. In my opinion, this behavior did not exist in earlier versions. It is sometimes extremely annoying. Have therefore some examples add as sreenshots. Often a so large width is then marked that one does not come to the ende of the marker. In addition, it confuses because you think there would still be something in the "background" (below) or on another layer (at least in previous Xara version was so). In the past, only a single font or line was marked, never in this massive width. Did I switch something here by mistake? What is the cause?

Thanks, TomTom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aufnahme07386.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	133043

Name:	Aufnahme07040.jpg 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	133044

Name:	Aufnahme07041.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	133045

Name:	Aufnahme07042.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	133046

Name:	Aufnahme07043.jpg 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	133047

Name:	Aufnahme07044.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	133048

TomTom. glad I have helped.

In my example, I was lazy and created the 1-7 as a single Text Column; select one, you get all.

In yours, if you drag out a wide text column/area, the green line/box remains that size regardless of what you type in.
    A lot of the changes are improvements that allow background and paragraph fills.

You can easily bring in any side with an (Alt+)Click-Drag. This does not change the pitch of the lettering. I use Alt as I keep Smart transform Off.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat