Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Update to the Ultimate Xara Slideshow

This is a simplification and clarification to the https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Xara-Slideshow.
    It will work for XPro+ and XDPXv18.5. You may have some issues with Xara Bugs that affected earlier versions.

The Website (or Placeholder) Code (head) is three lines of JavaScript to cycle through the pages of a Supersite/Transitions website:

<script>
    function showTime() { xr_spapp( (xr_curp + 1)%xr_spapn ); } // Thanks to siran
    var pageWait = 4157; // uses milliSeconds
    var presentation = setInterval(function() { showTime() }, pageWait);
    </script>

You can place the entire website into an IFRAME (Embed a website Widget) to realise a full slider capability.

It is up to you what you present.
    Each page can have its own Transition applied and its time to present set separately.

At its simplest, you could just have an image or text for each Slide. Or both.
    You can add links and other effects to make the whole thing interactive.

I have included some extra code to allow a Pause button to be pressed.
    The Slide controls are basic as the timer is relentless, so you need not uses them.

JS - Supersite Animation.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Update to the Ultimate Xara Slideshow

I played with the first batch of the Supersite sliders and a very simple one is, hopefully, amusing a few people in the Gold Coast as we speak.

I rarely understand how these things work, but can usually spot the what's and why's, if not the how's of it all. However, I cannot see where the transitions are on this one. Where's the bit that tells the individual page to rotate, flip, slide?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I played with the first batch of the Supersite sliders and a very simple one is, hopefully, amusing a few people in the Gold Coast as we speak.
    I rarely understand how these things work, but can usually spot the what's and why's, if not the how's of it all. However, I cannot see where the transitions are on this one. Where's the bit that tells the individual page to rotate, flip, slide?
    Chris, hiding in plain sight : Web Properties > Page > Page transition.
    Each page can have its own Transition applied and its time to present set separately.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

See, I was trying to overcomplicate it by looking for code. Move that pesky simple thing out of my way and pass me my periodic table and scientific calcumebob.

Nice.

That's a gem, Acorn! I had an issue with all pages suddenly shifting upon completing a transition when the browser window was smaller than the site. This was remedied by selecting Web Properties/Export/Scale to fit width maximum and setting the value to 1440 (the page size you set).

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    That's a gem, Acorn! I had an issue with all pages suddenly shifting upon completing a transition when the browser window was smaller than the site. This was remedied by selecting Web Properties/Export/Scale to fit width maximum and setting the value to 1440 (the page size you set).
    Boy, thank you for pointing the jumping and the solution.

I was lazy and only make the slides from my normal design template.
    Even using Scale to fit width is a risk if you set the browser to just show a slide with no edging, you can get a massive judder.
    My fix for that is to set the Pasteboard to the page background, but, of course, for a Supersite Xara only displays the first page background across all slides.

If you are using this method as a continuous presentation in Full Screen mode, scle to Fit width need to ensure the height is just under the monitor height or the slides get cropped.

The slides should have been smaller as they should normally be presented through a Embed a website Widget on your normal website page.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Even using Scale to fit width is a risk if you set the browser to just show a slide with no edging, you can get a massive judder.
    Didn't see that happening, in none of the major browsers and/or when narrowing the browser window to a typical mobile viewport.

If you are using this method as a continuous presentation in Full Screen mode, scle to Fit width need to ensure the height is just under the monitor height or the slides get cropped.

The slides should have been smaller as they should normally be presented through a Embed a website Widget on your normal website page.
    Yes, I saw that but the slides are indeed massive.

Thanks for the updated code Acorn - tried it on one of my demo sliders with page-by-page navigation, a mobile variant and Scale-to-fit width: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/ultSli..._simple-slider - All good.

Simple-Slideshow_v3.xar

I have always added the additional code to disable the keyboard arrows keys; a visitor might stumble across them otherwise and of course they don't work in a mobile format. It's a hangover from the original Xara supersite bug.

<script>
    //Acorn v3 Ultimate Slider - paste to website HTML (body)
    function showTime() { xr_spapp( (xr_curp + 1)%xr_spapn ); } // Thanks to siran
    var pageWait = 5000; // milliSeconds
    var presentation = setInterval(function() { showTime() }, pageWait);
    var isPaused = false;
    function togglePause() {
    if (isPaused) { presentation = setInterval(function() { showTime() }, pageWait); }
    else { clearInterval(presentation); }
    isPaused = !isPaused;
    }
    // disable keyboard arrow navigation
    (function(){if(typeof(xr_prinit4)=="function"){var o=xr_prinit4;xr_prinit4=function()
    {o();if(document.onkeydown==xr_prku)document.onkey down=xr_d_old_onkeydown;};}})();

</script>

Gary

@Imitostar, grateful for your endorsement and the additional code.
    The mucked-up pop-up does not show in the latest versions.

Acorn