Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Update to the Ultimate Xara Slideshow

Hello,

I need some help please: I did make a test page with the sample (with file from https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/ultSli..._simple-slider). Was very happy to found this solution. All works fine so far but when in the final site (with) iframe placeholder I have the slider only in the desktop version (1200px), but NOT in the mobile version (480px). What is strange is that in the mobile version it evens shows NO page background. I have in both viariant each oine placeholder with same small code snipset. When I delete the one placeholder in the desktop variant then the slider works on mobile variant. But with both placeholders it worsk only in desktop variant and it supress all elements beside background from the mobile variant.

What goes wrong? Thanks vor any help.

TomTom.

TomTom,

The demo template (https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/zNivo/#xl_six) has a mobile variant width of 540px; it uses Scale-to-fit-Width with a minimum width of 540px. Should you want to embed this into a main website mobile variant that has a 480px width, you would need to modify the page width in the slider mobile variant to 480px.

E.g. Simple-Slideshow-Page-Template_480px.xar

You can modify any of the slider page sizes across all variants to suit your design, but as a start point, I would make the main website placeholders the same size as the incoming slider for each variant. The code remains the same.

Hopefully this gets you back on track.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    TomTom,

The demo template (https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/zNivo/#xl_six) has a mobile variant width of 540px; it uses Scale-to-fit-Width with a minimum width of 540px. Should you want to embed this into a main website mobile variant that has a 480px width, you would need to modify the page width in the slider mobile variant to 480px.

E.g. Simple-Slideshow-Page-Template_480px.xar

You can modify any of the slider page sizes across all variants to suit your design, but as a start point, I would make the main website placeholders the same size as the incoming slider for each variant. The code remains the same.

Hopefully this gets you back on track.

Hello Initostar,

thanks, but exactly this was what I did do. I changed it. But there is no slider on the mobile version. Slider (mobile) has 480px, website (mobile) has also 480 px.

TomTom

TomTom, without your design we are all guessing.

Do check the Placeholder code you have does not share the same id in both Main and Variant.
    I have in both viariant each oine placeholder with same small code snipset
    The second issue around the lost background might disappear when you adjust your code but it is possible you have not terminated your code correctly and is only noticeable when it hits the Variant code that sits under Main.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 13 June 2022 at 12:13 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello,

sorry :-) just found the error. Was my fault!

In my placeholder code:

<iframe title="slider-crossfade" src="simple-slider-crossfade.htm" name="simple-slider-crossfade" height="100%" width="100%" style="border:none;"></iframe>
    the closing bracket was not present

the closing bracket was not present! </iframe instead </iframe>

Now it works fine, it is a great solution. Thanks to everyone.

TomTom

It happens to us all.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi to all :-)

I am a huge "fan" of the "simple-slider-crossfade" slideshow and have used it successfully over 10x. This also works as a kind of "presentation" within a page. What would interest me is if you can add a function to start the "play" of the iframe via a button overlay/layer?. "Stupidly said" like when you press the "play" icon of a video. The reason would be that the show then starts specifically from the beginning and the viewer doesn't just enter "in between" at some point. Sure you could convert it to a video (slideshow) but it would be easier that way, also for updating content.

Thanks for any ideas,

TomTom

Quote Originally Posted by TomTom66 View Post
    Hi to all :-)
    I am a huge "fan" of the "simple-slider-crossfade" slideshow and have used it successfully over 10x. This also works as a kind of "presentation" within a page. What would interest me is if you can add a function to start the "play" of the iframe via a button overlay/layer?. "Stupidly said" like when you press the "play" icon of a video. The reason would be that the show then starts specifically from the beginning and the viewer doesn't just enter "in between" at some point. Sure you could convert it to a video (slideshow) but it would be easier that way, also for updating content.
    Thanks for any ideas,
    TomTom
    TomTom, if you are embedding the Slideshow in an IFRAME, you need to include a name attribute, e.g., name="myShow".

On the main design page you create a Button or Link, say, Replay.
    Its Link would be <myShowPath>/index.htm and you include the critical part of Open link in: myShow.

On any click, this restarts the Presentation website from the start.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    TomTom, if you are embedding the Slideshow in an IFRAME, you need to include a name attribute, e.g., name="myShow".

On the main design page you create a Button or Link, say, Replay.
    Its Link would be <myShowPath>/index.htm and you include the critical part of Open link in: myShow.

On any click, this restarts the Presentation website from the start.

Acorn
    Thanks a lot, Acorn!

Glad to see there is a solution. I will do my test tomorrow and see how it will work :-)

TomTom

Hello Acorn,

I'm not sure what you mean, did not complete understand. I send you here 2 screenshot how I did now realize it.
    On the main page ist a preview picture with "Presentation start" and a "play Symbol. If you press "play" a popup layer "play(lock)" opens. On this layer is the iframe (placeholder) for the show. And a close link "Close presentation" (via: "popup: close"). This works so far fine. You press play and it starts. If you click it close. Only suboptimal is when you start it again it continues on some random slide. HOwever if you reload the page it starts correct from beginning.

Can you please explain me more detailed your idea? Ord do we speak about something different?

Thanks, TomTom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aufnahme07382.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	133040

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aufnahme07384.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	133041