Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Whats this effect called?

Thanks for that Acorn. I forgot I'd done that. However I want it zoom the opposite way. I think I've found a site that may help.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Thanks for that Acorn. I forgot I'd done that. However I want it zoom the opposite way. I think I've found a site that may help.
    Egg, now I am confused.

My suggestion of changing the timing and scale was to give an Inner Zoom In:

<style>
    .innerZoom {
    background-size: 100%;
    background-position: center center;
    transition: all 2s ease-in-out;
    }
    .innerZoom:hover {
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: 200%;
    }
    </style>

If you want a Zoomed presentation moving to full image, an Inner Zoom Out, just flip the background sizes:

<style>
    .innerZoom {
    background-size: 200%;
    background-position: center center;
    transition: all 2s ease-in-out;
    }
    .innerZoom:hover {
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: 100%;
    }
    </style>

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It's popularly called the Ken Burns effect. He didn't originate the effect but did popularize it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Burns_effect

https://www.wevideo.com/blog/for-work/being-ken-burns (nice example down the page).

I last used it in 2010/2012 for the last website I built and maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    It's popularly called the Ken Burns effect. He didn't originate the effect but did popularize it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Burns_effect
    https://www.wevideo.com/blog/for-work/being-ken-burns (nice example down the page).
    I last used it in 2010/2012 for the last website I built and maintained.
    But the approach we are using doesn't pan slowly; that is the killer part of the Ken Burns effect.
    In my original Post I indicated any Animatable CSS property could be added although for fullest control, you would use @keyframes.

@Egg, you Ken Burnsed a time back as best as I recall.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    But the approach we are using doesn't pan slowly; that is the killer part of the Ken Burns effect.
    In my original Post I indicated any Animatable CSS property could be added although for fullest control, you would use @keyframes.

@Egg, you Ken Burnsed a time back as best as I recall.

Acorn
    The Burns effect, at least the couple I've used, can be adjusted for speed and area to zoom into/out of. Burns himself used different zoom timings.

The thread simply asked "Whats [sic] this effect called?" That is all I answered.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    The Burns effect, at least the couple I've used, can be adjusted for speed and area to zoom into/out of. Burns himself used different zoom timings.
    The thread simply asked "Whats [sic] this effect called?" That is all I answered.
    And I countered as it is a Ken Burns Effect with no Pan, it isn't a Ken Burns Effect. It is just a Zoom In as there is no (presented or asked for) method to adjust where the zoom centres on.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    And I countered as it is a Ken Burns Effect with no Pan, it isn't a Ken Burns Effect. It is just a Zoom In as there is no (presented or asked for) method to adjust where the zoom centres on.

Acorn
    There is no need to use pan for the Burns effect. Burns also, just like those before him, used just zoom in/out. Just as he/those before him, used and/or not used multiple layers with differing movement speeds.

But hey, whatever.