Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default similar to cloud

So just now came across this. Seems very much what xara offers with +

Seems everyone is a graphic designer or can be one that too goes with web design. I am not worried,
    been there done that, my situation is different and I do not care for the industry to be basterdized anymore.

I do think about young designers out there who think they can make a good descent living being graphic designers or even web designer.

Times have changes. If my grandmother was alive she would have also know how to design with these tools.

https://www.canva.com/

Default Re: similar to cloud

But as we know, it is not the software that makes the design (unless you are using a template), it is the designer.

So using the tools at hand and knowing how to make the tools do what you need them to do to help you realize your vision is what is important.

But all these newer products do have the advantage of being created more or less from the ground up whereas older products have to patch new features into the existing code.

behzad, all good.
    It covers presentation material so you could equate Xara Cloud with Canva and Xara Cloud+ with Canva Pro.

I can see nothing that allows you to publish a website, so is Canva just an on-line PowerPoint without Steps?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I think Canva or Xara cloud+ is simply for people with no knowledge of graphic design who find it cheaper to do it on their own rather than hire a designer. The trend is very popular now and that is not to say designers will not get hired but not as often and if so they will be hired on a low fee. Yes Acorn it is just a powerpoint similar to what the X+ is. I do not see majority of subscribers to Xara+ using or wanting to learn the complications of Xara for web design. Xara just throw in the desktop for added bonus.

Also to address Gary's point, people have become used to seeing crap design with templates.

Also Gary I think at one time in the past there was talk about Xara being programmed from ground up but that too did not come to fruition.
    New coding has allowed these apps to be open to plugins, easy modification and addition, the code xara uses is way too old for that, reason why Xara
    focus is now on the cloud.