Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Odd video play button?

Hi,

I placed a video on a pop-up layer. When the video comes up to play I get this weird graphic in the upper left hand corner. Looks like a "play" icon but it's up in the upper left hand corner of the video...and cut off? Anyone know why that's happening?

Name:  Screenshot 2021-10-13 144715.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  2.6 KB

Default Re: Odd video play button?

Is your website set to Presentation? Page Options > General > Document Editing > Presentation?

Nope...it's set to "Web Document"

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Is your website set to Presentation? Page Options > General > Document Editing > Presentation?

Hmm? Does the symbol show if you place the video on a blank page?

When I place the same video on a blank page the play icon is centered across the screen.

I did re-size the video (smaller) when I dropped it into my pop-up layer. I'm assuming that the window containing the video somehow got cut off? What a weird thing to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hmm? Does the symbol show if you place the video on a blank page?

superheroic, without your Placeholder code and other settings (Sticky), we are guessing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Definitely sticky. Sorry...placeholder code? I bought this software so I wouldn't have to deal with code!

I don't know...the more I work with this program I'm thinking the less I understand about modern web design or that this program may just not fulfill my needs.

There's just all these bugs that occur when I try to get it to do what I want it to do. I can't even get it to be fully responsive in a way that works with my layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    superheroic, without your Placeholder code and other settings (Sticky), we are guessing.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by superheroic View Post
    Definitely sticky. Sorry...placeholder code? I bought this software so I wouldn't have to deal with code!
    I don't know...the more I work with this program I'm thinking the less I understand about modern web design or that this program may just not fulfill my needs.
    There's just all these bugs that occur when I try to get it to do what I want it to do. I can't even get it to be fully responsive in a way that works with my layout.
    superheroic

Everything you do is coding - talking, writing, counting. Even picking Yellow from the Colour Bar is a coded interaction that has been abstracted away many layers from the binary switching a computer performs.

Your work with your XDA is encountering the Pareto principle: the 80/20 rule (people use 20% of a program’s functions 80% of the time).
    TalkGraphics handles the remaining 20% by knowing more of the remaining 80% functionality, but is still subject to the Pareto principle: so the 80/20 rule explains that 96% of all problems can be handles by engaging with TG, usually 20% of the contributors do the solving.
    I handle the remaining 4% with coding. The things I share usually then solve 99.6% of raised problems.
    After that, the things I research and develop for myself let me hit 99.96%. Not all are useful to anyone other than myself.
    What I am saying is you need to share with TG specifically what you want or what the encountered problem is. On your own you will only solve four out of five of your issues.

A case in point is your "fully responsive" statement.
    For layouts, there are two approaches: adaptive or responsive.
    Xara uses responsive, where the layout changes are totally controlled and switch at trigger width of the viewport to a different but predictable layout (that was constructed in advance).
    An adaptive site is changed box-by-box according to sets of predefined rules (code) as the viewpoint width is changed.
    Xara's Scale to fit width is a lot of adaptive approach where all boxes are scaled equally.

The nub of this all is until you present a test design where you are suffering this problem, all you will get are educated guesses.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

The nub of this all is until you present a test design where you are suffering this problem, all you will get are educated guesses.

And that's 100% certain!