Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Xara Photo and Graphic 18, PDF creation with all identifying information removed?

Hi,

What is the best way to create a Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 18, PDF document, with all traceable and identifying creation information removed from the document?

In other words a clean, generic PDF document!

This is for personal security reasons!

Cheers Elixer

Default Re: Xara Photo and Graphic 18, PDF creation with all identifying information removed?

well going to the pdf export options > document tab, and unticking 'include document information' is a good start, as is exporting it to the root of a non system drive so your windows username path is not in the pdf document properties either

that's as far as I usually go, but there may be more to do

I don't really have the need in PDF; in MS Office on the other hand....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Xara Photo and Graphic 18, PDF creation with all identifying information removed?

Thanks Handrawn for two useful tips.

Export to an external hard drive is not a bad idea!

I do not believe you can remove things like the Producer information, version, etc from within Xara.
    You will need another application - Web Search: remove pdf producer info.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

you can use adobe reader DC to redact - but you only get 7 days free

first link to hand:

https://www.siam.org/publications/jo...al-information

adobe reader itself is free; acrobat is not
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes Acorn, I suspect that the Xara information will still be retained.

And handrawn, I tried the seven day free Adobe reader DC but I have used my trial up, before I reedited my final version! Idiot!

It is expensive software for what I want to do! I might have to find a professional office which has the software, but even then, will it remove the Xara information??