Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Paste problem

Default Paste problem

As you can see I like to place the bee pic into where it is pointing. What is the quickest way to do this. None of the paste commands and options work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	130787

Default Re: Paste problem

Drag from: a folder, the desktop, the Bitmap Gallery, and (wait for it . . .) drop.

Or, select the photo with the Fill Tool and change the Fill Tiling setting to Repeating Tile. Then: Copy the image to the clipboard, Select the bitmap you want to replace and Edit > Paste > Paste Attributes

That work?

What Gary says but for me the most logical is the Bitmap Gallery > Right-click Source image > Apply as Fill.

Also, people forget Apply as Transparency leads to some interesting effects.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Oh I love it. Thanks. Acorn method was nice. Gary I always did the fill option but the drag and drop is cool too.

What Gary says but for me the most logical is the Bitmap Gallery > Right-click Source image > Apply as Fill.
    I just learned something new.

In the paste option there is ton of paste as..... You would think they would have added this too!!

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    In the paste option there is ton of paste as..... You would think they would have added this too!!
    behzad, it isn't quite the same as a Paste; it is a tad more complex.

What you would be trying to emulate is a Copy of the Source, a Clone of the Target and a Paste replacing selection followed by a Combine Shapes > Intersect Shapes.

This also handles rotated images; none of the ones mentioned earlier can manage that as a set of canonical steps.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I now declare you Acorn as the head chief of Xara development. All praise to Acorn

And thare's always the fill options bar. When applying a fill (G), in the options bar one can choose the fill type as bitmap and in the bitmap name drop down menu select the bitmap. But for that it need to be imported in the document beforehandClick image for larger version. 

Name:	bmfill.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	130791

Michael I did use that method before, but it seems tedious. I like the drag and drop idea.