Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Mount Merapi

Default Mount Merapi

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mount Merapi.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	130783

Mount Merapi is Indonesia's most active volcano.

Imagine being there when a meteor fell. Being a photographer. Being at that particular angle. Having the camera ready to take a shot. Having that photo posted on Talk Graphics.

I mean, posted on Talk Graphics! Unbelievable!

Default Re: Mount Merapi

Having what will ultimately be a major award-winning photo posted on TalkGraphics is something he can definitely tell his grandchildren.

Not by chance your photo Chris? And did the meteor fall into the volcano or does it just look like that?

Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

No, not my shot. I can't take a selfie without missing the target.

Although the article Acorn has linked states it plopped directly into the volcano I, for one, would need a little more than the word of a reporter trying to sell a story before I was convinced.

Great shot wherever the meteor ended up.

The Gods playing a round of golf.

The problem in determining authenticity is the image is from FB and is 800px wide and appears in so many other social media platforms copied from one to another.
    With the amount of JPEG blocking the entire scene could have been computer generated.

This Reddit Post has been purged: https://www.reddit.com/r/interesting...e_most_active/.
    Many claim it is a genuine photo.
    Instagram has it logged as 09 May; others later.
    With no EXIF supporting data, I put it done to social trivia noise.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat