Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to use a shape or silhouette object to make a selection crop?

Let the picture do the talking. Basically, I want to use an abstract plain shape to make it a crop selection for a subject (in this case, marshmello).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	how to 1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	130779

Focus on the region of interest as bounded by the red rectangle. How do I achieve this without doing the toilsome and inefficient way?

Default Re: How to use a shape or silhouette object to make a selection crop?

See the attached xar:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by arcangle_radius View Post
    Let the picture do the talking.
    @arcangle_radius, I feel you are overlooking the purpose of TalkGraphics, to which I bid you welcome, potentially only briefly.

Let my words do the talking.

I have moved your two Threads into the correct Forum.
    I am keeping the responses to the Posts

In each, you have failed to explain your 'toilsome and inefficient way'.
    This smacks of I haven't bothered so I'll get someone else to do my thinking for me.

You have declared no Xara software whatsoever so I suspect you are SPAMming or are a Bot, pretending to come from Malaysia.

Please explain otherwise.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

sorry no not at all haha. I am indeed a real user, not an AI, not a bot. I'm new over here and I have an urgent poster to create for my university task... please be polite when u speak sir. u could have asked before presuming like that with harsh words. if you need me to explain more, just let me know. thanks for your understanding!

Please update your profile which currently indicates no Xara software. Knowing what product or products you are using helps us better answer your questions.

Info Re: How to use a shape or silhouette object to make a selection crop?

Quote Originally Posted by arcangle_radius View Post
    sorry no not at all haha. I am indeed a user. I'm new over here and I have an urgent poster to create for my university task... please be polite when u speak sir. u could have ask before presuming like that with harsh words. thanks for your understanding!
    Thank you for getting back. I was and am polite. I also did bid you welcome. My response was measured to reflect yours so you might appreciate how you came across:

• You popped up and did not declare any Xara software.
    • You chose an arrogant way of demanding assistance.
    • You did not describe your background.
    • You did not indicate what your problems were.
    • You did not express any urgency.

Your approach is a typical spamming method and with no evidence to the contrary, we have to 'presume' it could be.
    I asked for an explanation, which you provided so thank you.

TalkGraphics is not a solution centre, it is a place where ideas can be shared.
    Do respect the assistance you have had and credit back by copying your solutions to TG.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Alright, my apologies, sir. Yes, I've just filled up the voids in my profile. Sorry for the shortcomings as someone who starts to get the hang of this site.

You mentioned doing this in Photoshop, which is cool but here's the difference in case you did not know. Photoshop is a bitmap editing application. Xara Designer Pro and related products are vector drawing apps that can also work with bitmaps.

But if your intention is to fish for solutions in this forum and then take them into Photoshop, the two apps do the same thing in very different ways.

Unless you plan of using a vector drawing app (BTW you can download a fully functional 30-day trial version) you might be better off finding a Photoshop users group.