Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My crystal ball tells me....

With the unannounced and sudden departure of Rob from Xara and Xara leaving us in the dark, my crystal ball tells me the following: You watch!!! I am right.

- Xara desktop program will cease to exist, all effort will be on the plus without the Xara desktop offering.

You heard it from me. I had to polish and shine up my Crystal ball to tell you this.

Name:  Screenshot_1.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  15.9 KB

Default Re: My crystal ball tells me....

Except Pro+ is also a desktop app which I have been using for some time now. The cloud features are options and there if you need them.

And unlike Pro X which I cannot remember the last time it was updates, Pro+ has been updated and bugs fixed quite often.

Polish off your crystal ball and have another peek.

And tell me this: Why do posters for Psychic Fairs always have phone numbers and web addresses? Wouldn't psychics already know this?

LOL you made me smile. My crystal ball tells of the future, what you described is present my dear one.

FWIW: Pro X v.18.5.0.62892 was released August 11 '21. There is very little to chose between Pro X and Pro + at this time ( as the respective release notes would confirm); though I expect that Pro X will have only two releases per year now.

Bellevue Investments has stakes in both Magix and Xara: https://bellevue.eu/#xl_Ventures and you will see Xara is recruiting for a new Product Manager too: https://bellevue.eu/jobs.htm#xl_x:-openpositions.

Software-as-a-Service (or subscription if you will) is a major for Bellevue (hence the Xara subscription model); Magix as we all know, has a one-time licence fee and an annual support fee for all their products, hence the same model for Pro X. I very much doubt this will change short-term.

With Bellevue having stakes in both businesses, I would not be expecting a radical departure from their respective business models, product-wise. Magix sees the arrangement as a cross-sell opportunity (its audio and video products). There is a wider picture here.

Gary

behzad my friend ! - have i not been prophesying these last 18 months that the magix version[s] will be left to wither on the vine and only the true believers shall be lifted up onto the cloud that is eternal happiness

and I do not have a crystal ball ... but i can put up a finger and test which way the wind is blowing

[no hyperbole was taken advantage of in the construction of this post]

EDIT and the initiostar did shine forth and pour cold water upon the ramblings of the faithful ... and mighty was their repentance
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sadly, Magix support of Designer Pro X is reminiscent of Corel Corp. marketing CorelXara in the late 90s.

before my time with xara Gary but I have that impression too
    Nothing lasts forever...

OmG handrawn you made me laugh so hard, my stomach hurts LOL

'if I can help somebody'....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Spooky....
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host