Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Once Xara is opened, next file I "open with" it doesn't maximize window

Hi,

I'd appreciate your help.

The following issue was happening with Xara v16.2/v17.1, then I installed the trial of Xara+ (v21.5), and it's there as well.

When Xara is closed, and from the Windows Explorer context menu I choose to open a file with it, the first time Xara runs, its window is maximized, becoming the application seen on the screen.

However, once Xara is already opened, the next file I "open with", Xara's window is not maximized anymore.
    Even when working with files Xara is set to open as the default application, Xara's window is not maximized anymore.
    The files will load in Xara, which just blinks on the Windows taskbar.
    Then I need to manually click on Xara's icon on the taskbar to maximize the application.

There is a unique condition that makes Xara works as expected though (maximize window always a file is opened with it).
    If the last time Xara was opened I EXPLICITLY click on the minimize window, the next time a file is opened with it the window is maximized always.

I tried to run Xara as administrator, but it didn't fix the issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this behavior?

Thank you,
    Carlos

Default Re: Once Xara is opened, next file I "open with" it doesn't maximize window

I tried to run Xara as administrator, but it didn't fix the issue.
    Hi Carlos that normally fixes these type of issues. Have you done this & rebooted your PC?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Once Xara is opened, next file I "open with" it doesn't maximize window

Thanks for your reply Egg.
    I did reboot the PC after have run Xara as administrator.
    This issue has bothered me for a while.
    But now I just formatted my PC and performed a clean install of Windows 10 and Xara, expecting a fix would come.
    Unfortunately the issue is still there...

Carlos, I have my application (Pro+) pinned to the Task Bar.

If you have the same, right-click on it and pick the XDA name (mine, Xara Designer Pro +) then its Properties.
    Set Shortcut > Run: Maximised.

I find Open with or double-clicking a XAR file opens the XDA maximised.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    right-click on it and pick the XDA name (mine, Xara Designer Pro +) then its Properties.
    Set Shortcut > Run: Maximised.
    Acorn
    Thanks for directions Acorn.
    I just did it, but even the pinned shortcut is set to run maximised, Xara doesn't pop up on the screen.
    I also deleted the root key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara] in the registry, but the problem wasn't solved as well.
    After the recent clean install of my system, everything runs smooth and this issue of windows not maximizing is exclusively restricted to XDP.