Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: importing vectors as PDF into XDP18.5

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    hopefully they are aware of it as mega [post #2] is on record as a developer with PDF filter responsibility, but a ticket would do no harm sure
    handrawn, statement as such was 10 years ago.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

thanks - but they did ask the question is a way that implied it was [still] the case

anyway ticket sent
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

UPDATE: magix have now sent this over to the [xara] development team to look at.....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Am I missing something here.
    If you create a three page xar file and export it as a pdf it should export as a three page pdf surely?
    If you only want to create a one page pdf then create all your vectors on that page. This single page pdf will contain all the vectors on a single page.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

hi egg

I'm importing a series of seperate PDF asset files each one of which is part of a cut out model [eg: face, hair, left arm, right arm... etc); I want these all to import onto the same page of course, so as to make up the model

in version 15.1 when I drag drop-in multiple pdf files I get an option to merge all on the one page, or open each one on a seperate page; that first option seems to have been lost in version 18.5/pro+

these are not paginated files; PDF was always the file format we were advised to use for vector drawing transfers involving xara, and I still use it; TB Harmony only allows for PDF vectors, it does not support SVG or any other format; using PDF minimises any issues with Illustrator, it is the industry standard

yes i can use 15.1 for this, but it means I will end up do everything xara related in 15.1, less trouble than chopping and changing, and the upgrade was a waste of money for me until it is fixed
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ah, with you now HD. That's a big step backward.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

indeed, hopefull just an ommission,easily fixed
    Nothing lasts forever...