Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rob-Xar

Default Re: Rob-Xar

Nothing in life one can depend on. Your born alone and will die alone. Anyways Thanks Rob for all your hard work. Curious to see how things unfold now.

Farewell, Rob.
    Hope you've gone onto something you really wanted.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

It would be very funny if he worked at serif.

I was also quite surprised to hear Rob had left, although not that Xara hadn't acknowledged it! The last I knew he had just started his new role and was full of plans, ideas and enthusiasm for the future.

@Rob-Xar Thanks Rob for all your help and best wishes for the future.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

I am not thrilled to say I have not heard anything from Xara regarding who might be here to help out. This forum takes a lot of pressure off tech support but there are times when someone from Xara needs to help out. In the past, I would email a link to Rob and he would respond to the post quickly. Now it feels like we are blowing in
    the wind.

Maybe he will signup as a different alias and participate later, I doubt it.

Hey all, many thanks for your kind messages! Sorry I was planning to do a little farewell post, so much handing over and finishing off some projects that I forgot.

Yes, my last day was the 17th of September and officially left (and started my new role) on the 4th of October. I thouroughly enjoyed my time at Xara and made many happy memories there.

It was quite emotional leaving. I had been there for 8 years and throughout my 20's (started when I was 22, I'm now 30 lol). Many faces came and went, many friendships made and so many events in my life happened while I was there. I will certainly miss the Xara atmosphere :)

I now work for a IT company that deals with pretty much everything IT related, from support to installation of systems, networking, security, backups etc... Originally I was planning to get away from computers completely lol and maybe do something more physical, like a mechanic or so (I do enjoy working on cars). The annoying thing is when your good with computers, it can be difficult to move away from that haha but this oppotunity came up at this place where a really close friend works and I decided to take it.

It's actually been really fun so far. I had a job just outside Heathrow installing a switch cabinet in some warehouses that was being built, and another job around Camden Market installing and setting up some wireless access points in a directors home (first time actually going to Camden Market, man that was awesome), so I did manage to get away from my desk in the end :)

I am still around though under this name, so feel free to poke me or drop me a message (although keeping in mind I don't have access to any Xara systems lol). You can also find/add me on linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rob-d-turner/

Cheers!
    Rob

(edit: sorry with regards to my successor, there wasn't a direct replacement before I left but I don't know if that has changed now or not. Matt/Neil was handling my manager roles and Bhav my desktop / support duties)

Thanks for the update Rob. I'm very pleased you're moving on into a new venture. It's our loss at TG as you were our goto link to Xara.

Please don't disappear, you input to TG will still be greatly valued.

Wishing you the best of luck in your new career
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thumbs up Re: Rob-Xar

Rob, I am pleased you have made the transition seem easy.
    As you clearly are hankering to be behind a desk some of the time, there is always an opportunity to set up a hosting service that handles Xara websites under cPanel as the market seems wide open.
    Make sure you update LinkedIn to cover all aspects of your Xara period. I am sure many will endorse you.

Acorn

Some admin - perhaps you or @Barbara B can change your TG handle as it shows as 'Xara Product Manager' still. In my eyes you still are!
    @Matt / @Neil / @Bhavesh - you've lost Rob, have we lost you?
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

cheers Rob I am glad you are enjoying it

[with you on camden market ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...