Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Video in Pop-Up layer

Hello,

If I place a video in a Pop-Up Layer and set it to auto-play but then change my video in the pop-up layer to be sticky...the video will not auto-play when it pops up. Is there a way to correct this?

Also, is there a way to change the auto-play setting of a video after I've dropped it onto my page? Meaning...I didn't want it to auto play at first but then changed my mind and I did want it to auto play.

If anyone can help with these questions I'd really appreciate it.
    IP

Lightbulb Re: Video in Pop-Up layer

sh, this might work.

Remove the Sticky option.

Add this CSS after the Placeholder Player code:

<style>
    .xar_meplayer {
    position: fixed;
    background-color: #f1f1f1;
    }
    </style>

My player code is:
    <video class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/vid-20201230-wa0000_TKfb2nen_YWpa.mp4" controls autoplay width = "100%" height="100%"/>

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Default Re: Video in Pop-Up layer

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    sh, this might work.

Remove the Sticky option.

Add this CSS after the Placeholder Player code:

<style>
    .xar_meplayer {
    position: fixed;
    background-color: #f1f1f1;
    }
    </style>

My player code is:
    <video class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/vid-20201230-wa0000_TKfb2nen_YWpa.mp4" controls autoplay width = "100%" height="100%"/>

Acorn

Neat idea Acorn,

I think you have to use popup(lock) otherwise any mouse /scroll bar action closes the popup; made a popup close button sticky so it stayed with the video: Attachment 130744

Thanks for sharing,

Gary
    IP

Default Re: Video in Pop-Up layer

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Neat idea Acorn,
    I think you have to use popup(lock) otherwise any mouse /scroll bar action closes the popup; made a popup close button sticky so it stayed with the video: Attachment 130744
    Thanks for sharing, Gary
    Thanks for the tweak. I didn't provide an example as I had assumed the (lock) was a given from the related Thread.

Your example is on the button.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP