Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default OpenDocList Text Documents and Xara

(Why do I have this feeling that I am about to expose my complete lack of grasp of the machinations of Xara?)

I have a shed-load of Text Documents on my computer, sized 1 - 6 KB, which are headed 'OpenDocList_000034_WebDesignerPremium'

What is their raison d'etre and can I safely delete them without initiating some catastophic consequences?
    IP

Default Re: OpenDocList Text Documents and Xara

Quote Originally Posted by ewraysure View Post
    (Why do I have this feeling that I am about to expose my complete lack of grasp of the machinations of Xara?)
    I have a shed-load of Text Documents on my computer, sized 1 - 6 KB, which are headed 'OpenDocList_000034_WebDesignerPremium'
    What is their raison d'etre and can I safely delete them without initiating some catastophic consequences?
    They're just messy housekeeping files that your XDA creates whenever you close it without saving all your opened designs

Do that first.
    Close those you are not working on.
    Close your XDA.
    Delete all the olderTD files.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    They're just messy housekeeping files that your XDA creates whenever you close it without saving all your opened designs
    Do that first.
    Close those you are not working on.
    Close your XDA.
    Delete all the olderTD files.
    Acorn
    So helpful as always!
    Thanks
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by ewraysure View Post
    So helpful as always!
    Thanks
    I have normally kept all mine so I could check what I was up to at any time.

Instead, I now add detail directly into the Support folder and check on saved revisions using File > Document Information > History.
    To get this is a Registry change:

• Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremePro Sub x64\18\Options\DocInfo - set ShowWebDialogDocInfo to 1.
    • Ensure your XDA is closed when changing the value.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Brill!
    IP