Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default SVG Export Options

Are there any options 'under the hood' that allow adjusting how SVG files are exported, beyond those found in the simple window giving options for DPI and select page/object?

I'm having difficulty importing into another application (it's actually racing liveries in Gran Turismo - every man needs some down time lol, so do it in style!) and there's something about the coding of the SVG it doesn't like.

Other users on COrel for example report simply changing the Styling Options from Internal Stylesheet or CSS to "Presentation Attributes" fixes them.

I've tried SVGOMG but it's not doing the trick.

Applications such as Inkskape, Corel, Illustrator all work, but my SVG's from Xara don't.

So, are there any other tinkerables in Xara?

Cheers

Chris

Default Re: SVG Export Options

Nnt that I see.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

The SVG markup Xara produces doesn't seem to be well structured in comparison to markup generated by other applications to be honest.

I can't fathom why it automatically and by defaut generates a transform scale of (1 -1) which I thought flipped the coordinates?

Maybe I just don't know enough about SVG?

I do not fi nd anything about svg ON V19
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Let me try to get Acorn to comment on this. He should have the answer to this question.

Cheers, I realise it might be vague - I guess what I'm after is as plain an SVG output as possible without transforms.

OK, so I've figured out that Xara exports SVG's upside down, then uses a transform to mirror/flip the image so it displays the right way up - how messy! Ewww...more code, more operations

I thought OK maybe this is because Xara's native Y coorinates work in opposite directions, so I changed my origin point on my page to the top, and reversed the count direction in page setup - this made no difference.

It's likely I'll have to flip all my images upside down, save them, then edit to remove the transform 1 -1 - and also edit/remove the viewbox because (I think) it was set to look at the mirrored coordinates - I dunno.

Lightbulb Re: SVG Export Options

Merlinski, a couple of points.

Xara's SVG format is against version SVG 1.1. Perhaps Gran Turismo requires later?

The transforms are not for the object; the <g> tags refer to groupings.
    The first one is just a maker as it is wrapping nothing.
    The second one, as far as I can see, is handling the original location of the shape in relation to the layer it came from.

In later versions of the Xara Desktop Application, shapes are rendered as embedded SVGs. Everything is compacted down and the SVG is presented without all the faff you have encountered.

See if GT can handle this:
    Code:
    <svg style="position:absolute; left:0; top:0; width:100%; height:100%; overflow:visible; viewBox: 0 0 231 267; pointer-events: none;">  <linearGradient id="xr_svgg1" gradientUnits="userSpaceOnUse" x1="115" y1="62" x2="115" y2="203"><stop offset="0%" stop-color="#00FF03"></stop><stop offset="100%" stop-color="#FF0000"></stop></linearGradient>
      <path d="M 115.61 0 L 0 66.75 L 0 200.24 L 115.61 266.99 L 231.22 200.24 L 231.22 66.75 L 115.61 0 Z" fill="url(#xr_svgg1)" stroke="Transparent" stroke-width="0" stroke-linecap="round" fill-rule="evenodd" pointer-events="visible"></path>
     </svg>
    then you might need to be on the latest version. For path nodes, it outputs 2 d.p. rather than 3.

I copied my SVG into a Blank Photo template and Exported to File from there; it lost the Page background group. I doubt if that helps you much.

My generator of choice is Boxy SVG.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Merlinski, a couple of points.

Xara's SVG format is against version SVG 1.1. Perhaps Gran Turismo requires later?

The transforms are not for the object; the <g> tags refer to groupings.
    The first one is just a maker as it is wrapping nothing.
    The second one, as far as I can see, is handling the original location of the shape in relation to the layer it came from.

In later versions of the Xara Desktop Application, shapes are rendered as embedded SVGs. Everything is compacted down and the SVG is presented without all the faff you have encountered.

See if GT can handle this:
    Code:
    <svg style="position:absolute; left:0; top:0; width:100%; height:100%; overflow:visible; viewBox: 0 0 231 267; pointer-events: none;">  <linearGradient id="xr_svgg1" gradientUnits="userSpaceOnUse" x1="115" y1="62" x2="115" y2="203"><stop offset="0%" stop-color="#00FF03"></stop><stop offset="100%" stop-color="#FF0000"></stop></linearGradient>
      <path d="M 115.61 0 L 0 66.75 L 0 200.24 L 115.61 266.99 L 231.22 200.24 L 231.22 66.75 L 115.61 0 Z" fill="url(#xr_svgg1)" stroke="Transparent" stroke-width="0" stroke-linecap="round" fill-rule="evenodd" pointer-events="visible"></path>
     </svg>
    then you might need to be on the latest version. For path nodes, it outputs 2 d.p. rather than 3.

I copied my SVG into a Blank Photo template and Exported to File from there; it lost the Page background group. I doubt if that helps you much.

My generator of choice is Boxy SVG.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn, I will try but right now the GT servers are under maintenance (plus, I'm in bed lol)

But, I can tell you that it is compatible with SVG 1.0 and 1.1

Also, when I take those transforms out, I can confirm the image is presented upside down.

Will try the SVG code tomorrow though, cheers.

Might do a Xara livery. Hmm, there's a bit of fun.