Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 480 Variant and Xara Photo Slider

New post.

I am using one of the Xara photo slider widgets found in the Local Designs Gallery/Presentations on all my index pages (Home) and they look great.

Except the 480 variant. Because of the previous issue I had with the mobile variant I reduced this asset below the mobile canvas margins and resaved it, expecting it to work properly.

Previously, suspecting it was also an issue to the non mobile preview in the browser, I replaced the slider with a photo, and the Home index page worked as I thought.

Now, with the Xara photo slider reinserted, it does not work. Checked all size aspects of the canvas, no issues.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sliding.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	130690

I'm not able to find anything about any issues with this item. I have seen the WOW slider info, though, but not looked in depth.

Any idea what it can be? I saw no limitations in it's use on mobiles.
    Last edited by ArchMed1; 27 September 2021 at 02:25 AM. Reason: detail question

Default Re: 480 Variant and Xara Photo Slider

I tested the Xara slider widget and it works as expected with Pro v18.5, mobile variant 480px and desktop variant 1200px with Scale-to-fit-Width at 1200px. Xara-Slider-Fade-Widget.xar

Not sure what you gain from using a WOW slider, but you can take a look at post #11 here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...op-frame/page2.

This describes what was called a 'supersite slider' and gives you some example XARs to play with. The Xara widget does work though, copy and paste it from the desktop variant to the mobile variant and resize thereafter.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    I tested the Xara slider widget and it works as expected with Pro v18.5, mobile variant 480px and desktop variant 1200px with Scale-to-fit-Width at 1200px. Xara-Slider-Fade-Widget.xar

Not sure what you gain from using a WOW slider, but you can take a look at post #11 here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...op-frame/page2.

This describes what was called a 'supersite slider' and gives you some example XARs to play with. The Xara widget does work though, copy and paste it from the desktop variant to the mobile variant and resize thereafter.

Gary
    Thanks Gary, I needed to reword the details I had but you answered before I could get back. This was my error.

The previous issue I had was that the 480 mobile version would not display when resizing in browser after "Export Website" on local host (my desktop). The 1040 Main and the 780 tablet would display, but not the 480. I had 2 other pages that would not display in a 7 page root index group of pages, and I discovered it was because some of the assets on the 480 were extending a hair over the mobile canvas edge. So it would kick to the 780 variant, but not show the 480.

I double checked and brought those items back over to the inside of the 480 canvas, and the 480 would display when I slid the browser to check the variants. All pages were corrected.

For the Home 480 variant (pictured) I switched out the Xara slider for a still picture, thinking that was the issue. I could not find anything else extending over the edge of the mobile page. I tested it with the picture, and the Home 480 page showed as expected.

When I switched the slider with the photo to replace it (as pictured) and resized it (copied from the 1040 Main), and triple checked that the Xara slider was within the edges of the mobile page, I re exported, and the mobile 480 Home page would not work. It only shows the 780 tablet variant Home page again, but not the 480 mobile Home page.

I did a 'select all' and reduced to 10% size to check it, and nothing seen outside the mobile page.

All other pages are correct and display as expected.

I will run some more resizes on the Xara slider to see if this resolves it.

Thank you! I will post result.

I just can't figure it.

I reopened the version with the image instead of the Xara slider, and that 'Export Website' went well and in the browser mobile "Home Page" tested all the way around.

The version with the Xara slider after more tweaks and searches for hidden 'out of canvas' items would never work. It has to do with the Xara slider, I cannot find anything else to cause the browser to jump to the 780 tablet "Home Page" rather than display the 480 variant "Home Page."

Have to finish the rest of the website to come back to this.

Thanks...here is the actual exported index home page displayed in browser.

Name:	mob.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	181.3 KB 
ID:	130695
    Last edited by ArchMed1; 27 September 2021 at 08:32 PM. Reason: details

Not sure where the issue is here: Three variants: Xara-Slider-Fade-Widget.xar all work in my browser and publish correctly too: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/xara-slider/

FWIW personally, I never use 3 variants; 2 will suffice and I use mobile 540px and desktop 1200px.

However, this is what I see on my mobile with 480px.

Name:	Screenshot_20210927-221952.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	130697

Your best option would be to add your example XAR here and we can take a look.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Your best option would be to add your example XAR here and we can take a look.

Gary
    Indeed, thanks for the .xar example, it works well, I checked the HTML code for my 480 variant in comparison, its the same, and I see no reason why it should not work.

I'd like to look at this .xar a little more and I'll post my .xar in short order. i'll reduce the root index to the 'home page' only.

I finished the first round of edits today on the bulk of the site, this is the very last item to be corrected before publish.

Thanks again, Gary.
    Last edited by ArchMed1; 28 September 2021 at 02:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Saw nothing different from yours to mine. I had a previous version of the Home Page and deleted the the latest work copy of the 480 mobile variant canvas, then copy and pasted the old design from the previous version into the canvas with resize adjustments and resaved. Exported website to hard drive and started dragging 'index' file into test folders I named 1-5 and tried out the versions after each rebuild. Also cleaned the cache.

Never found what was stopping the latest build version from producing the 480. After trial and rebuilds, removing some assets and checking and building from one folder to the other finally a success. (I'll realign the Social Media buttons shortly). I built 3 times, same result. 480 variant is now showing up with Xara slider.

Lets see if something comes up in the final edit which is coming now. Thanks for the guidance. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mobile alert.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	130699