Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile Variant in LocalHost Export

Something that comes up when previewing the Home Pages (6) with a website export and the browser....

Two pages are not allowing preview from 780 tablet to 480 mobile.

When the index file is dragged into the browser, all pages 1040 main and 780 tablet look good.

Two pages, if the mobile menu to the page is pressed (in this case "Home" and "Articles") it will only display the 780 tablet variant, not the 480.

I did a reduction to 25% of screen size and a 'select all' to see if anything was outside the mobile page canvas of the pages in question to isolate it.

Two items did appear. Boxes that when moved, the mobile pages are reacting to it. I tried resizing down the box, but the mobile pages assets shrink or grow with it.

I have a hunch these are when I transferred the files over to create the 480 variant from the 780.

How do I remove it? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FRAME 1.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	246.5 KB 
ID:	130687
    Last edited by ArchMed1; 26 September 2021 at 10:08 PM. Reason: detail question
    IP

Default Re: Mobile Variant in LocalHost Export

My advise would be to scrap the tablet version, create only two variants, Main & Mobile & use Fit to Width. Otherwise your only making far to much spaghetti to make a mess with.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    My advise would be to scrap the tablet version, create only two variants, Main & Mobile & use Fit to Width. Otherwise your only making far to much spaghetti to make a mess with.
    The tablet version does work fine on all the .xars. Just on some of the mobile checks the page will not display when the browser is narrowed. Any idea on what would cause it?

I spent 'real time' on these 480 variants.

I can post a .xar if needed.
    Last edited by ArchMed1; 26 September 2021 at 11:02 PM. Reason: spelling
    IP

I did some asset adjustment on anything that could inch across the mobile canvas and believe it or not I found items that were a microscopic length over.

All the pages now work properly that I adjusted.

@Egg. You got me fired up on the suggestion of dropping my 780 tablet variant so I hit the pasteboard harder and found the cause.

Thanks!
    IP

Glad to of been of assitance Arch
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP