Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pop-Up Layer Scrolling

Question...If I've made a Pop-Up layer...how can I make it so that the pop-up isn't anchored to the place I placed it on the page?

Meaning...if the viewer scrolls down the page...the pop up window will scroll down as well?
    IP

Default Re: Pop-Up Layer Scrolling

Select everything on the popup layer and make them Sticky.

Select popup layer in Page & Layer Gallery > CTRL+A (selects everything) > Utilities > Web Sticky/Stretchy > Sticky
    IP

I should probably add you will need to position the contents of the layer near the top of the page regardless of where the button/trigger to open it is. If it's halfway down the page it will not be visible as it will be 'stuck' to halfway down the page.
    IP

Thanks so much! That did it! Question...when you have "Sticky" enabled and your pop-up layer setting is NOT set to "close pop-up automatically" the "x" to close the pop-up window moves away from the pop-up's upper right hand corner and goes to the upper right hand side of the page...is there a way to change that? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-25 180310.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	130680
    IP

I wouldn't use the built-in close popup setting, preferring to use the (lock) method...

Add (lock) at the end of your layer name
    On your button/trigger you are using to open the popup, ensure it is opening the layer with (lock) in the name
    You can leave the setting as Close Automatically and choose an transition if you wish
    Add shape/text/graphic to the layer and select it
    In the Link To Web Or Email Address box, type popup:close
    Done.

>>> popup.web <<<

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	popup.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	130681
    Last edited by Chris M; 26 September 2021 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Added .web file
    IP

OK...this seems to work but when I place the object in the pop-up layer above the image that's popping up...it moves the object behind the graphic for some reason?

Name:  Screenshot x.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  2.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I wouldn't use the built-in close popup setting, preferring to use the (lock) method...

On your button/trigger you are using to open the popup, ensure it is opening the layer with (lock) in the name
    You can leave the setting as Close Automatically and choose an transition if you wish
    Done.

>>> popup.web <<<

IP

Ahhhh...seems as if I have to have that object set to "sticky" in order for it to show up in front of the pop-up image as that image was "sticky"!

Thanks so much for your help!

Name:  Screenshot x-infront.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  2.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by superheroic View Post
    OK...this seems to work but when I place the object in the pop-up layer above the image that's popping up...it moves the object behind the graphic for some reason?

Name:  Screenshot x.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  2.2 KB
    IP

Hello,

Sorry...I'm hoping you can help me with a problem. I used your method and it worked perfectly...until I tried to drop a video file into one of my pop-up layers.

If I drop a video file into my pop up layer and select "Close Automatically" on the button/trigger that opens it...when I click to play the video the video automatically closes itself as soon as I click on it.

If I do not select "Close Automatically" then I can play the video when it pops up but then I get this silly black "x" popping up in the right hand corner of my screen to close the window:

Name:	black x.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	130738
    Any idea on how I get rid of that black "X". Is there a way to customize that pop up so that "X" won't appear?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post

Done.

>>> popup.web <<<

IP

Ahhh...apologies! I added "(Lock)" to the end of my Pop-Up Layer and that did the trick! It got rid of that black "X" in the corner! I forgot to put "(Lock)" at the end of the name! Doh'!
    IP

You have to forget at least 2 simple things per project, or you're doing wrong.
    IP