Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default BUY NOW £347? -- Where the hell is this

So here's a little something that's doing my head in.
    A couple of weeks ago I decided to make a Sale Page from my site, or at least make it more presentable. I had Buy Now buttons using Paypal but I stopped using them as they didn't fully refund all the money if goods were returned. And after all, being a ladies fashion shop, these were many.
    So I signed up to Square and learned as I went along, on how to work things. The 1st attempt to add an item to the store facility gave me an option for an item checkout link, a Buy Now button or one of those dot thingys.
    I chose the button. And that's where the problem stems from I suppose.
    The chosen item was priced at £347. When I tried to add the actual button to the site I couldn't find a way to do it, so I tried adding it via the HTML Code (either the Body or Head), can't remember which though. When that didn't work I did a UNDO to clear it.

Ever since then though, I have a damn niggling box that appears to the left of the Navbar showing the BUY NOW £347.
    It seems fixed to the page as it doesn't scroll around when I zoom in or out, and it repeats on other pages including other variants.

I have looked at every page's HTML Code and can't find it. I have worked my way down every site page to find the offending object but it doesn't show there either.

If you open the site www.thebridesmother.co.uk and view Source Code for the page (line 767) you can see it, but I have no idea as to how to use that info to remove it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before the men in their long white coats come to take me away.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

EDITED
    I FOUND IT.
    I was looking at the HTML Code for each individual page but it was on the Website HTML Header. Now deleted and hopefull won't show again.
    I'm now about to upload the site again so it shouldn't appear if you click on the link above
    Last edited by Lynnzer; 24 September 2021 at 07:41 AM.

Default Re: BUY NOW £347? -- Where the hell is this

Have you looked in the Website Head and/or Body code?

Web Properties > Website (tab) > HTML Code (buttons)

@Chris - Lyn has edited her post to say she's solved it. She'd placed the code in the website head section.

@ Lynnzr-No button showing but the code for the button is still on every page.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    @Chris - Lyn has edited her post to say she's solved it. She'd placed the code in the website head section.
    Yes, but in an effort to not look dopey, the time stamps clearly show I was 4 minutes ahead of Lyn's edit. That's enough time to hard boil an egg, Egg.

Somewhere on your page is a white box with Placeholder Body code, 258px wide with rounded corners.

I'd track that down.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Yes, but in an effort to not look dopey, the time stamps clearly show I was 4 minutes ahead of Lyn's edit. That's enough time to hard boil an egg, Egg.
    Chris, you were ahead of the game but the threat ofinjuring one of Egg's ilk , well.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

No violence intended or intentionally inferred. I was going for the double egg yolk.