Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Facebook Like Preview

In the current development of my new Xara web life, I was delighted to see the amount of experienced help in setting up the Social Sharing Buttons (I used AddtoAny) for the .web documents. Using three different variant required a little work in setting them where they were 'inline' instead of 'floating' for my preference from the original design work, and it was pretty simple using the placeholder and Webproperties/Placeholder/Replace with HTML code setting (paste the code and go).

For the Like Button (that links to my company FB) the code was set as instructed. I used my predecessor's code and updated it to reflect the FB page.

Q: There is some info on the FB Like button here on the forum. Is my thought correct in after reading there is no way to actually preview the Like Button to test it unless it were actually on a server? So it will be invisible in Preview Mode?

The Share Buttons work as expected and look as they should.

But the Like I have to test to make sure it is the right size for one of the variants, before I start copy/pasting it to the remaining 40ish pages.

Experienced input, please. Thank you.
    Last edited by ArchMed1; 24 September 2021 at 04:13 AM. Reason: spelling
    IP

Default Re: Facebook Like Preview

I answered my own question.

Publishing down to the local host and dragging the index files to the browser actually showed the preview of the Like button ( I was concerned about the size of the placeholder) and it wad the correct size and orientation on all variants.

Hovering over the button produced the desired effect.

+ 1!
    IP