Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Failed to setup bitmap for rendering. The requested bitmap may be too big.

Hello

Xara is loaded as administrator.

The document height is 65000px high. (Less than maximum)

I am unable to export the document. I have tried moving the items to new document but it still says the same error message.

I'm trying to export the file as an svg.

The file should be fine to export. I only added 3 links and suddenly it started not working.

I have uploaded the xar here: [DELETED LINK: coding . help / da_noneditable3]

Hopefully that downloads correctly.

Please excuse the rude bits

Thank you very kindly.

Jack

P.S. I have been using Xara for over 10 years and have never looked back! Amazing software.
    Last edited by Acorn; 24 September 2021 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Problem solved so no rude bits need remain to offend - think it though next time

Default Re: Failed to setup bitmap for rendering. The requested bitmap may be too big.

Hello Jack & welcome to TalkGraphics. I'll not comment on the content but your main problem is that your background rectangle has a drop shadow. so on export the shadow is exported as a very large bitmap, such you get the warning.

Remove the drop shadow and it exports fine.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Failed to setup bitmap for rendering. The requested bitmap may be too big.

Ahh I understand now. I was using the page background to set the background color.

I have added a rectangle shape as the background and deleted the shadow -> it works!

Thank you so much egg & thanks for the lack of judgement

your site content was... interesting

I am glad egg sorted your problem
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Greetings,
    Coincidentally Have just ran into a similar problem uploading my web site and got the error " Error from Xara Web Designer Premium
    Failed to setup bitmap for rendering. The requested bitmap may be too big " I created a dictionary web site that required the inclusion of lots of non standard fonts.
    Could each character of the font be a bitmap and lots of them combine to be too big? The non standard characters are ẹ ọ and ṣ
    My website is www.yorubadictionary.com
    Thanks
    Adebusola

Quote Originally Posted by Adebusola View Post
    Greetings,
    Coincidentally Have just ran into a similar problem uploading my web site and got the error " Error from Xara Web Designer Premium
    Failed to setup bitmap for rendering. The requested bitmap may be too big " I created a dictionary web site that required the inclusion of lots of non standard fonts.
    Could each character of the font be a bitmap and lots of them combine to be too big? The non standard characters are ẹ ọ and ṣ
    My website is www.yorubadictionary.com
    Thanks
    Adebusola
    Adebusola, fonts are not rendered as bitmaps until you group them with something.
    Your error won't be down to the usage of lots of fonts alone.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-09-24 19_03_04-Please Wait... _ Cloudflare and 7 more pages - Profile 1 - Microsoft​ .jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	130677

well this is really going to encourage me to vistit your site... not

captcha I understand - but the stuff on the right ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I wonder why my web site puts this up automatically before one can access it. I have to do it myself on my computer. It is frustrating.
    I'll ask the web hosting company to remove it.

In fact your site has very few images. Looking at the all there is one that stands out

http://www.yorubadictionary.com/inde...es/3618@2x.png
    4px × 19,846px (scaled to 2px × 9,923px)
    Whilst not being large files-size (213.52 kB) it's a very thin and exceptional high (19,846px) rectangle.

Without seeing the source .xar/.web file I can't be sure, but I suspect it's a line that you've just accidentally over heightened.

I advise against using lines as dividers as these are converted to images on publishing. Far better too use rectangles which aren't converted to images and just rendered as a rectangle within the browser.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 25 September 2021 at 03:27 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    ... and just rendered as a rectangle within the browser.
    It's actually better than that, it is a SPAN that basically says, I am 2 x nnn px tall, colour me. About 60 bytes, a 4,000-fold saving!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat