Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Long press with Stylus is no right click.

I use an Acer R7 and a Lenovo Thinkpad, both with pressure sensitive pens. (nTrig/MS and Wacom) I have set in Windows that a long press is being picked up by the OS as a right click. With that setting i don't have to mess around with the buttons on my pens. (one is a flimsy button, the other has buttons for which I have to bend my thumb beyond comfortable reach). It works in nearly all programs (Explorer, Word, LibreOffice, Inkscape, Illustrator) but it's not being picked up by Xara.

And to make things more silly; even pressing the buttons in Xara don't result in a right click! For instance, if I want to change page orientation in Xara I have to revert to the menus.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour? And can it be circumvented?

Default Re: Long press with Stylus is no right click.

wacom grip pen with button set to right-click and in xara riight click set to pop up menu in options :

designer pro program can be a bit sensitive it seems, that is it does not always do it unless you get it just right in terms of coordinating touching the screen and clicking; it worked for me most of the time in xara when I tested it just now; push tool and full screen settings in xara were more consistent
    Last edited by handrawn; 23 September 2021 at 11:37 AM. Reason: clarity
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...