Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bitmap being published instead of vector

A new mobile website and the social media icons (FB, Instagram etc) are exporting as bitmaps when they are individual groups of 2 vector shapes...
    IP

Default Re: Bitmap being published instead of vector

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    A new mobile website and the social media icons (FB, Instagram etc) are exporting as bitmaps when they are individual groups of 2 vector shapes...
    LGF, "groups" force items into being rendered as bitmaps.

Try using Soft-group instead.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    LGF, "groups" force items into being rendered as bitmaps.

Try using Soft-group instead.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn - makes no difference - social media icons are soft grouped - Instagram has no soft group at all.
    Logo also a bitmap - number of soft grouped shapes.
    http://www.mikekaplan.art
    IP

Something weird going on - look at that first image of the "layered" cell phone...in X DPX its a 539dpi bitmap...
    IP

Vector shapes are exported as bitmaps unless you first export and re-import them as .svg files. You can also use a font (Font Awesome or else e.g. https://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=717) because text (as long as it's not grouped) is not exported as bitmaps.
    IP

Lightbulb Re: Bitmap being published instead of vector

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Vector shapes are exported as bitmaps unless you first export and re-import them as .svg files. You can also use a font (Font Awesome or else e.g. https://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=717) because text (as long as it's not grouped) is not exported as bitmaps.
    LGF, Boy is right on both counts.

For the Social Bar, you need to use a font, Font Awesome, or other to render them as glyphs, which scale regardless of the browser zoom.

For the Hamburger icon, you have three approaches.
    1. Make three rounded corner boxes, soft-group and place a transparent box over these. Make this the one with the link. Do not use Xara NavBar but link to a pop-up layer if you can handle rollovers on a pop-up.
    2. Make a transparent box and group with a Font Awesome symbol to allow a Xara NavBar to be created.
    3. Export the Hamburger as an SVG and link to it with Placeholder > Replace with graphic file.

Each has its own design constraints and I cannot advise the best for you.

Acorn

P.S. Boxes > Rounded Corner Boxes > Circles can be rotated and skewed and they still do not render as images.
    Work on this as a technique until you have mastered it.

For simple designs you can Export as SVG and link (Approach#3) and retain all vector shapes, provided you only use linear and radial fills.
    This is extremely powerful and Xara is slowly nudging this direction. Earlier HTML Filter exports of boxes were images. Rotated text is still images. All vector shapes should be rendered as in-line SVG.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Boy and Acorn - thanks for the replies but I really don't understand - I've done a number or sites using a hamburger menu made up of rectangles and they are completely sharp!.
    I've also designed lots of other "shape" graphics and once again I don't get it - they're sharp when published.

I need to repeat what I said though - the Instagram icon is made up of 3 shapes with no grouping/soft grouping but it's blurred.
    Also that cell phone pic - it's crazy blurred but it's a 539dpi image in XDPX!

Please check www.mikekaplan.art again - I've added the B "logo" which is a shape plus a rectangle made with the rectangle tool, and then converted it to an editable shape - when published, the "B" is blurred and rectangle sharp!!
    IP

Please check www.mikekaplan.art again - I've added the B "logo" which is a shape plus a rectangle made with the rectangle tool, and then converted it to an editable shape - when published, the "B" is blurred and rectangle sharp!!
    The rectangle is not exported as a bitmap but, I believe, as a text field.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    The rectangle is not exported as a bitmap but, I believe, as a text field.
    @Xara - seriously? I give up with their logic...

EDIT: Started from scratch - shapes, logo. menu all sharp! - go figure...
    IP

Glad you got it all sorted LGF!
    IP