Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Serious Error from Xara Web Designer Premium -- Access violation exception at 0x#####

Just wondering who has the experience to solve the below issue:

When I click the "Text Tool" button on Xara Web Designer Premium, a warning window pops up, showing the below message and the software stops working:
    Serious Error from Xara Web Designer Premium -- Access violation exception at 0x#####

Reinstallation of the software doesn't work.

Thanks,
    IP

Default Re: Serious Error from Xara Web Designer Premium -- Access violation exception at 0x#

No idea. I have never heard of this issue. Does this always happen or only with a certain document?
    IP

Default Re: Serious Error from Xara Web Designer Premium -- Access violation exception at 0x#

Hi Jack_Z, I couldn't resist the pun.

Typically, you need to select the application and Run as administrator, just the once.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Thanks for your response.

I've tried by running as administrator, and also tried it on a different PC, have the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Hi Jack_Z, I couldn't resist the pun.

Typically, you need to select the application and Run as administrator, just the once.

Acorn
    IP

Very strange. What type of document are you opening when you get this error? A print document? Does it happen if you open a web document. I ask because it may be your default document has become corrupted.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

you get the very same issue, with the #'s [not numerics] on more than one computer ?

forgive me, but on the basis that all the software that you use on your computers is both legitimate and reputable, and I am sure it is, that is indeed strange

the list of possible causes for access violations is long, but if it's happening on two different computers then I guess we can rule out hardware issues... software issues in terms of conflict are possible especially if the the two computer systems are set up in identical ways, and/or you have broadly the same software on both

it is often difficult to diagnose/resolve these issues without the computer to work on

be very wary of downloading any software that says it can solve these issues unless from a known and reputable security software firm; there a lot of scams out there, some dangerous

and indeed some 'registry cleaners' and the like can cause this very sort of issue by being 'clumsy' in the way they work

did you get an error message before the violation message - that may help xara/magix diagnose as this is a repeatable issue

sorry I cannot be of more help, you may well need to go to the company's support
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

And not sure if this is mentioned but does it happen with a new document. As mentioned above, sometimes a file gets corrupted and produces an error that does not occur in a new document.
    IP

Question Re: Serious Error from Xara Web Designer Premium -- Access violation exception at 0x#

@Jack_Z

We suggested:
    • To Run as administrator
    • To check if it could be a broken design file
    • To factor out any offending document type
    • To report the failing to MagiXara

You advised:
    • It occurs on two different installations
    • You performed Run as administrator, which did not change anything

You have not advised:
    • To the provenance of XDAs
    • If you have contacted MagiXara

Other suggestions:
    • If your AV package is blocking a full install
    • If you have run CHKDSK on other devices
    • If a re-install to a different location works

It is frustrating for you but also us.
    If you have solved it, do tell us so it may help others.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for all your kind support.

I solved this problem by re-installing Window10, the root cause is possibly the Microsoft Visual Studio, which was installed on my both computers recently. Looks like Xara is incompatible with some of DLL (or other software modules) installed together with VS.

Cheers,
    Jack
    IP

thanks

that is certainly on the list of possibilities
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP